Premiums coming down fast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The reason people are having to pay so much for these things is because the truck is so "scarce", right? Thats also why so many people can't even order one. How do these people feel when they see THIS!!
raptors-to-china.png

Nice to see something built in the USA getting exported to China for a change...

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my 2012 in August 2011 thru my small local dealer. They had never seen one at that time except on trucks passing thru. I paid $500 over invoice with no hassle. Mine came in January 2012. It pays to do business locally if possible and build a relationship. I had known my salesman for 30+ years. I only have 3800 miles on my 12 but I am thinking of buying a Gen2 next year. I suspect the prices will be reasonable by then. I hope.

Good long-standing relationships go a long way. 100% agree here.

KTMRC8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good long-standing relationships go a long way. 100% agree here.

I would generally agree, but location also plays a large part of this. I'm in San Diego where the markup is 30k...no relationship in the world (short of being the son of the dealership!) would get me a Raptor at or below MSRP...

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol...this thread[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimxyz

Reaction score
I would generally agree, but location also plays a large part of this. I'm in San Diego where the markup is 30k...no relationship in the world (short of being the son of the dealership!) would get me a Raptor at or below MSRP...

I agree - in SoCal all the local dealers are at $25k ADM - I bought 4 vehicles from my dealer over the last 10 years, who is also my neighbor (including a Gen 1 Raptor) and they aren't budging on the markup. At this point I'd be thrilled to pay $5k over (well, maybe not thrilled) lol.

8zero8

Reaction score
I agree - in SoCal all the local dealers are at $25k ADM - I bought 4 vehicles from my dealer over the last 10 years, who is also my neighbor (including a Gen 1 Raptor) and they aren't budging on the markup. At this point I'd be thrilled to pay $5k over (well, maybe not thrilled) lol.

that's a hell of a hold out for your first post, my man!

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yep market is def a factor. 100% agree.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Folks, this is 2017, not 1987. There’s this thing that you all have just recently used, it’s called:

The INTERNET.

Use your web-fu. Master your Raptor destiny. Sure, you’re going to have to turn your nose up at some offers, but you’re in it for YOU, not your neighbor, friend, business associate or anyone else (besides your immediate family). ADM is an ASK, not a demand. Nobody is putting a gun to your head compelling your payment over the MSRP of the truck ! Walk!
I was in that boat. I had a dealer close to me who promises to beat any deal tell me their 10k ADM was non negotiable.

Guess what: It wasn’t non-negotiable because I was unwilling to pay it. I was however willing to spend more money on more truck at another dealer who dealt with me forthrightly. Speaking of which I need to drop by the locals and ask if they’ve sold their $10k over truck yet.

Remember pulp fiction?

Jules: “What does Marcellus Wallace look like?”
Brett: “He’s ... Black”
Jules: “Does he look like a bitch?”
Brett “ what?”
Jules” <Pops a cap in Brett’s shoulder”
Brett” “ow”
Jules: “Does HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?”
Brett: “NO!”
Jules: “Then why did you try to F*ck him like a Bitch?”

You’re free to consider any offer from any dealer, it’s your money and a few of us here will not judge you for spending any amount of money for the new Raptor because, it’s your money, not ours. I would urge you to consider strongly not letting a dealer take advantage of you to the tune of 10,000 dollars, but again, if you believe the deal is good for what you want, go for it! In the context of your personal requirements, only you can make the judgment of what is a good deal for you.

However, if my neighbor were a dealer that I used many times and had a good relationship with told me I’d have to pay a(ny) ADM, we wouldn’t speak again. Ever. In fact, if he were dying in the street, I’d be hard pressed to render aid. But that’s just me, I can be a little bitter.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Your neighbor dealer has done unto you.

Shop. A lot. People have scored MSRP deals about 2 -3 per week and posted about it here. Expand your horizons beyond your current state’s border - or country border if you’re in Canada, Mexico, California.

Heck, you can have the order sent closer to you, there’s a thread on this forum about it.

10k buys you a lot of tires. 5k buys a lot of tires.

Just make sure that whatever deal you make, is a good deal for you.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I've been looking all over for one for my pops and finally found a dealer last week to do it at MSRP. The order was already in but hasn't been pulled so I was able to tweak it a bit. Sent the dealer a text today to see if they had any open orders available and put another one in for myself. It's not that hard and the savings for 2 is more than worth the wait.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk