SPV Let down (RESOLVED)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
At this point, with all the positive comments regarding SPV in this thread, leaving it up might make more sense. When I read reviews, I always read the follow up to see if it is just a customer that created their own problem or if it is in fact a bad product or company. In this case, it has clearly been shown it is the former. There are a lot of positive thoughts regarding SPV in the 5 pages so far. Just a thought.
I really only requested that he could please add the word "(Resolved)" to his title, so it wouldn't look more misleading if they didn't read the rest of the comments. I don't want to steal anyone's voice or prevent them from sharing their opinion. I just want the title to accurately reflect the outcome.
We definitely do everything we can to help everyone, so having a customer this upset of a minor oversight that has already been resolved was disheartening. That said, I can't thank the FRF community more for being so kind to us and rallying around us in this thread. We truly appreciate you so much more than we can express.

-Sidney @ SPV Parts

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to keep this thread open as an example of how NOT to handle an issue with a vendor. I've just read through this entire thread and think the OP owes SPV an apology. OP, you went from having a minor issue directly to DEFCON 1 with little in-between. Excellent vendors like SPV don't build a solid reputation as a Forum Vendor over years without lots of effort, you should have given them the benefit of the doubt before going full auto and starting a flame thread.

I can delete this or make it a Sticky, you're call SPV.

OP
OP
M

MFouts

Reaction score
I know ive said this but if you read the first few posts, I tell honestly what transpired, and after John called to resolved the issue I posted that.
I didn't call them names, I didn't make false claims, and all I said was SPV let down.
I was let down by my experience, am I not entitled to say that?
I don't feel it is ok to delete a post because a sponsor is not happy with what is written, if in fact it is truthful.

I may be all of the things you say but I just posted my experience and if I choose not to shop with SPV it isn't my choice as it is your choice to continue shopping there.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
I know ive said this but if you read the first few posts, I tell honestly what transpired, and after John called to resolved the issue I posted that.
I didn't call them names, I didn't make false claims, and all I said was SPV let down.
I don't feel it is ok to delete a post because a sponsor is not happy with what is written, if in fact it is truthful.

I may be all of the things you say but I just posted my experience and if I choose not to shop with SPV it isn't my choice as it is your choice to continue shopping there.
Sounds like it was resolved then. You can change your post title to say RESOLVED. Sounds simple enough.

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Marc,

I absolutely don't want to steal your voice or rob you of your opinion. I am not asking for this post to be deleted, either. All that I am requesting is that you could please just put the word "(Resolved)" at the end of your thread title. Just to indicate to anyone who searches our name on the internet that we did resolve this issue, in case they don't read through the whole tread to see that.
If you could just put "Resolved" in the title, I would appreciate it immensely.

Also, if there is anything that I can do to help you still, or any way I can somehow lessen the impact of your dissatisfaction with us, please just reach out to me directly by call or text at (317) 934-6778. I am always willing to go above and beyond for my customers and help in any way possible. I never want anyone to feel upset or less than satisfied with us or our products. You can always reach out to me, and I will always help you.

I am so sorry for any inconvenience that left you feeling dissatisfied with us. It was a simple mistake that we made, but it was a mistake, nonetheless. We have apologized a lot for it and also rectified the issue, so if you could please just do me a kindness and add "Resolved" to the title, I would be so grateful.
If you would ever like to give us the opportunity to make this up to you on a future order, just let me know and I will do whatever I can to make it worth your while.

Thank you for allowing us to earn your business and for letting us know where we missed the mark for you. All feedback is welcomed, and it helps us grow as a company.

Have a great day!
-Sidney @ SPV Parts

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Poster boy for entitlement.

You should think long and hard before messing with someone's income. It sounds like you were made whole.

I guess you never screwed up at work and had someone blast it on the internet. You'd fit right in at the SS.

Just my opinion, since we are giving them.
:favorites13:

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Hey Marc,

I just want to add one more thing. Like Sidney said. We don't want to silence you or take your voice away. We just want to make you HAPPY. She said in an earlier reply in so many words... "Your dissatisfaction bothers us probably more than you are bothered". Not because we are worried about closing down because we lost you as a customer. Don't take this the wrong way, but in the big picture your business isn't the make or break for us. Again, I am not saying that in a negative way. Of course your business matters to us. It just doesn't change whether we can stay afloat.
The point is, your business matters to us because YOU AND YOUR HAPPINESS matter to us!
Some of our BEST customers buy one little thing and they are so so happy and spread cheer and tell everyone they know. We love them because we made them happy. Not because of how much they spent with us. That's the point I am making. While to many companies... Amazon, Walmart, etc. You are just a number. How much you spend dictates how hard they may or may not try. To us, you are a person. We either make you happy, or we don't! What hurts the most when you try so hard like we do, is that no matter what you do, no matter how hard you try... you just can't make that one person happy. It's difficult to digest. At the same time, what others are saying and we were asking is not to confuse others that we didn't, aren't or won't try. That's why the call was made to put in the title resolved. Not to take your concerns or opinions away.

So I say this genuinely and with all my heart. If we can do something to make you happy or feel better, let us know. We will try. It just seems like maybe you have some other things going on and other things bothering you in your life and maybe it's compounded. I know as people in general. We all have stress and other things going on and they all blend together, and when something doesn't line up exactly as we first anticipated, it can be frustrating and maybe some of that bleeds together. At that point its sometimes good to take a breath and count your blessings. Often times the one thing that bothered us so much, when we step back and look at it, we laugh and say "why did that get me in such a funk?". That may be what your wife was indicating? She cares and maybe she was simply saying not to let something silly bother you. It can just compound and make you unhappy in general. So look at the positives... You have a Raptor Obviously! How cool is that! Don't you love your truck?
Your lights are installed now. That's also awesome! Hopefully you are enjoying them. It sounds like you have a GREAT WIFE! Tell her you love her. Tell her how happy she makes you. Don't let any silly delays, etc take away from your happiness enjoying those things. If there are some frustrations you're dealing with that are true issues. Concentrate and focus on them and try to resolve them so they don't effect your well being. If there are only silly things like this, then don't let them affect or bother you. It isn't worth it. Life is too short.

I mean you nothing but the very best. I mean that. Regardless of if you want to give any business to us or not. We are always more than happy to help you should you need it. For example. Just because you may decide you don't want to buy something, doesn't mean you need to go it alone if you had an issue with your product you have now. We are always happy to help.

John

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I'd like to keep this thread open as an example of how NOT to handle an issue with a vendor. I've just read through this entire thread and think the OP owes SPV an apology. OP, you went from having a minor issue directly to DEFCON 1 with little in-between. Excellent vendors like SPV don't build a solid reputation as a Forum Vendor over years without lots of effort, you should have given them the benefit of the doubt before going full auto and starting a flame thread.

I can delete this or make it a Sticky, you're call SPV.
Implications for the rest of us too. We start throwing shade at the supporting vendors for minor reasons, but more importantly not acknowledging that SPV has apologized PROFUSELY. IN PUBLIC!! SEVERAL TIMES we give a strong disincentive for them to continue here. We’re a community here and sometimes we make mistakes but we have to own our mistakes and do what we can to make them right.

If SPV takes a hit from this, we ALL take a hit. If they deserved the hit, I’d be on the other side but like you said, zero to defcon 1 in a very short time.
If you do leave this up, please at least update the title to indicate issue resolved.

And thanks for wading in on this. I don’t care what @The Car Stereo Company says about you !

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Implications for the rest of us too. We start throwing shade at the supporting vendors for minor reasons, but more importantly not acknowledging that SPV has apologized PROFUSELY. IN PUBLIC!! SEVERAL TIMES we give a strong disincentive for them to continue here. We’re a community here and sometimes we make mistakes but we have to own our mistakes and do what we can to make them right.

If SPV takes a hit from this, we ALL take a hit. If they deserved the hit, I’d be on the other side but like you said, zero to defcon 1 in a very short time.
If you do leave this up, please at least update the title to indicate issue resolved.

And thanks for wading in on this. I don’t care what @The Car Stereo Company says about you !
Agreed. This aggression will not stand, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.