SPV Let down (RESOLVED)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
M

MFouts

Reaction score
Not really sure i understand the sentiment. I posted a legit complaint I had with a business, without bashing or talking bad about them. I even responded that John had resolved the problem. SPV has got a ton of good press from this, I am guessing he wouldn't even want it removed.
It's likely I won't purchase from them again and they did do everything they could to remedy the situation, its just my experience leading to the outcome. It doesn't make them a bad company it is just me expressing my choice.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Not really sure i understand the sentiment. I posted a legit complaint I had with a business, without bashing or talking bad about them. I even responded that John had resolved the problem. SPV has got a ton of good press from this, I am guessing he wouldn't even want it removed.
It's likely I won't purchase from them again and they did do everything they could to remedy the situation, its just my experience leading to the outcome. It doesn't make them a bad company it is just me expressing my choice.

Well...ok, but I don’t think you’re being fully honest. You posted this to an audience of hundreds, upon hundreds of FRF users and even more potential customers who could do a base internet search engine find under the vendor’s name and they will see the thread title, and opening post as a preview. Maybe they’re put off by your opening post alone.

You may not be interested in FRF infamy, but FRF infamy is definitely interested in you.

You may have “just been sharing your experience” but it certainly comes across as “just sharing your experience with the implication that other potential customers should be warned off”.

Permit me to ask this: How many other vendors have you dealt with who made a mistake or mistakes, remedied it and owned up to their mistakes and apologized for it -- IN PUBLIC-- ?

And, I’m just expressing my sentiment and experience that I don’t feel you’re being completely honest. I hope you understand.
(edit to add: to the best of my knowledge I’ve not purchased anything from SPV as of the date of this post. But that is likely to change now)

OP
OP
M

MFouts

Reaction score
I was doing what a lot of forum posters do, Venting. Not sure if I am being honest or not, but I did not receive what I was hoping for and was irritated by it.
I will admit that when I try to tell my wife about it, she could give a crap, so I find myself looking elsewhere to express my dissatisfaction.
Also you proved my point that reading this post helped make you a potential customer although that was not my original intent.
Thanks for being kind.

Pnwrider

Reaction score
As a biz owner, you are the type of customer/client I dread. You just can’t please some people no matter what you do. I always operate with the mindset that “trust takes years to build, seconds to break and forever to repair”. The issue people have with your quick to the forum to complain mindset, is that John has been here building that trust over years. I recently ordered from him and it’s rare to receive the level of customer service he provides now days. Based on my first transaction, I was planning to purchase another light kit from his company.

When is the last time you gave positive public feedback when you had a good customer service experience? Probably never. You’re not alone either. It’s much easier to anonymously type a negative review behind your screen than actually make a phone call and let the business try to make things right.

OP
OP
M

MFouts

Reaction score
So you dread customers that pay up front and have the expectation that they get the merchendise/service that was ordered in a timely fashion. WOW!
In my very first post I commented that SPV did a great job of helping me with what I needed to accomplish my project. It was after that that things fell apart.
It's interesting that all of you SPV fan boys haven't even considered that maybe as a customer my expectations were not met and I chose to make my shopping choices based on that. Not unlike many others.
Had everyone read what transpired and not piled on, my guess is that I would likely still be an SPV customer.

DFS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So you dread customers that pay up front and have the expectation that they get the merchendise/service that was ordered in a timely fashion. WOW!
In my very first post I commented that SPV did a great job of helping me with what I needed to accomplish my project. It was after that that things fell apart.
It's interesting that all of you SPV fan boys haven't even considered that maybe as a customer my expectations were not met and I chose to make my shopping choices based on that. Not unlike many others.
Had everyone read what transpired and not piled on, my guess is that I would likely still be an SPV customer.
Pay up front for retail lights? You mean SPV didn't offer you pay over time with 0% interest?

We found the real problem.

OP
OP
M

MFouts

Reaction score
Pay up front for retail lights? You mean SPV didn't offer you pay over time with 0% interest?

We found the real problem.
You add nothing to the conversation with moronic comments like that.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will admit that when I try to tell my wife about it, she could give a crap, so I find myself looking elsewhere to express my dissatisfaction.
Most members will agree with your wife's stance. :)

FRF isn't exactly a dumping ground for whiners. We do have a New Member Safe Space, but perhaps we need to start a Whining Members thread?

IMG_6850.jpeg

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was doing what a lot of forum posters do, Venting. Not sure if I am being honest or not, but I did not receive what I was hoping for and was irritated by it.
Also you proved my point that reading this post helped make you a potential customer although that was not my original intent.
Thanks for being kind.

Marc,

I am going to chime in here now because after coming back from a short 2-day vacation with my family (first break I've had in 3-years, btw), I am greeted with this mess on a public forum over an order I put together for you.
Please let me clear the air here on a couple of things. For one, was there some confusion on the connectors? Yes. I'll explain why.

You emailed me and asked vaguely about putting together a light kit with "Diode Dynamics SS standard with the pillar mount and wiring for 2024 Raptor."
I took a wild guess on what you were referring to because "SS Standard" isn't really exactly the verbiage for the product, but I context read and figured you meant SS3 Sports. I sent you an email with lots of info on comparing the lights, options, lumen count, sizes, etc. At the bottom of the email, I added a link to a cart I created for you, which had the backlit SS3 Sport lights in it because I figured that's what you meant by "SS Standard." (And I even discounted everything in your cart for you to help you out on the pricing aspect of things.)

The next day you replied that you were trying to spend as little as possible, so could we please remove the backlights to save the money. John read your email and changed the lights on your cart to the non-backlit version, but that means the connector on the harness would be different and needed changed, too. Was this an oversight on our part? Yes, did I apologize to you for it and try to rectify the situation? Yes, I did.

That said, your email regarding the connectors came in on July 3rd at 10:06PM, and no one was here to answer it until July 5th because of the holiday. By that time, I sent you out the new connectors immediately, but the instructions for the new connectors confused you because they had a different description on them. You emailed us after close (7:33PM) on 7/10 and said they were wrong again. Rather than emailing you back, that next day (7/11), John called you to explain how to do the install. By that point, you had already posted this here, in a public forum, calling us a "Let Down."

Now, please forgive me for my blatant honesty, but this is extremely disheartening and upsetting to me that you felt it necessary to try to blast us for something we made every possible attempt to fix for you and help you with. You even went so far as to try to make it seem like we put you off for two weeks without acknowledging you, which couldn't be farther from the truth. I even went back through all the emails to see where the disconnect could've possibly happened that would make you feel as if we avoided you or didn't meet your concerns head-on. I could not find said disconnect.
Your post also says that we use the "slowest shipping possible" and therefore we lost your business. You purchased on 6/26 at 3:27PM. Your order shipped the next day and was delivered to you on the 5th business day from the day you had placed your order (7/3). Again, I'm scratching my head about how we could have been so incredibly disappointing to you with that.

I understand you are upset and irritated by the inconvenience, and I am very truly sorry for that. We are human and we do sometimes make mistakes. It isn't about whether or not it's possible for a human to make a mistake, but rather about how said human attempts to rectify those mistakes. Wouldn't you agree?
I take full responsibility for my actions, and I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced due to that oversight.

That said, your wife may not listen to you vent or read your post here, but I assure you many possible customers can and will see this.
Further, something you likely did not think about is the fact that search engines, such as Google, will pick up on keywords like yours for "SPV" in this thread and they will show up in searches whenever someone searches for our name. Therefore, saying you don't want to change the headline to "Resolved" because you're still irritated, and then to add that you think you're helping us get business in this way, I'm sorry but that's just a very convoluted point of view. I know they say there is no such thing as bad press, but I don't think that necessarily applies to everything, everywhere.

Personally, I would very much appreciate it if you could at least change the headline to indicate that we did in fact help work through this with you and resolved your issue. Just something as simple as adding "(Resolved)" to the end of the title would honestly mean a lot to us.
Again, we aren't trying to steal your voice, but just for clarity's sake, that would mean a lot.

There is a business for every customer and a customer for every business. I apologize for any part we had in preventing you from being a perfect match for us. I can only hope that you never have to experience being on the other end of a situation like this one in your life, because I can assure you it is very upsetting as a business owner to see a customer so miffed over a simple mistake as to want to try to go out of their way to publicly vent borderline untruths for the sake of being heard.

Again, I'm truly sorry for your experience being less than perfect. The goal is always to go above and beyond, and I hope you realize that us falling short of exceeding your expectations is every bit as upsetting to us as it is to you.
Maybe even more so with the addition of this post title.

I hope you have a wonderful day and I hope you enjoy your lights. If there is ever anything I can do to assist you further, please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly by call or text at (317) 934-6778.

Cheers!
-Sidney @ SPV Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.