Patented SPV Parts Harness System Plug N Play for virtually ANY Custom configuration you can imagine. (Beware Imitations)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When you say it doesn't work? Do you mean JUST the white light? just the main light? or both?

So there are a couple ways to narrow it down.
If one side (passenger or driver) works, and the other side doesn't, then you know there is power to them. So that narrows it to the one light or the other.

From there, if just the red backlight doesn't work, its either the white wire/connection, or the light itself.

If the red backlight works, but the main white light doesn't, then its either the connection in the red wire, or the light is defective.

If neither the red nor white lights work on the one side of the truck, but they do on the other. Then it's the black wire/ground connection on the light or maybe... its the light. I stress that because the odds that both lights burned out are extremely slim, unless there is a bunch of water in it.

So going back to "Connection" of the red, white or black wire. What I mean there is the wire coming off the light.
As you know, Rigid doesnt put connectors on those lights. Just bare wires. We provide connectors and pins, but sometimes when installing you may not crimp the pin well, crimp over the insulation and a few strands touch the pin for a short time until they get hot enough and build up a carbon deposit and they stop. Sometimes the pin isnt snapped all the way into the add on connector and it pushes backwards and loses connection, or sometimes the pin is not crimped over the wire tight and the wire pulls out of the pin completely but it may not be out of the connector so you don't see it.

Here is a video on all the ways to crimp the pins, pig tails, etc.

From there, if this troubleshooting doesn't identify the issue, shoot me a text or call to 317/796/8472 and I can step you through.

John

Yeah, both the red & white light doesn’t work on the passenger side but everything functions normal on drivers side. I’ll double check those connections- I agree does seem unlikely the light itself would go “bad” that quickly unless something drastic happened, I’ve used rigid lights before & have some in the front bumper & I’ve had good success w/ them- years of use/abuse being peppered w/ road salt sand etc

OP
OP
Specialtyperformanceparts

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah, both the red & white light doesn’t work on the passenger side but everything functions normal on drivers side. I’ll double check those connections- I agree does seem unlikely the light itself would go “bad” that quickly unless something drastic happened, I’ve used rigid lights before & have some in the front bumper & I’ve had good success w/ them- years of use/abuse being peppered w/ road salt sand etc

Ok. Let me know or feel free to call me.

John