GEN 2 100K mile suspension refresh

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Direct, as in no caliper adapters at all?

Front and rear, correct?

Front is but rear needs a bracket. Will not work with Electronic parking brake. My truck is a 2017, so I don't have the stupid electronic parking brake.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We have found the Wilwoods have more power, better modulation and feel than those brakes. The price kicks A$$ too!. Direct bolt on too.
FoMoCo really should have offered at least FRONT Wilwood brakes as a factory option. The rears would have taken some engineering & testing to get around the parking brake setup, but..... a Raptor with a ($5K?) 4 wheel Wilwood brake system option would be capable of the shortest stopping distance of any production truck ever built. That's a great selling point to anybody interested in ACTUAL performance.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FoMoCo really should have offered at least FRONT Wilwood brakes as a factory option. The rears would have taken some engineering & testing to get around the parking brake setup, but..... a Raptor with a ($5K?) 4 wheel Wilwood brake system option would be capable of the shortest stopping distance of any production truck ever built. That's a great selling point to anybody interested in ACTUAL performance.
Wilwood actually makes and electric park brake caliper. It is a separate caliper, not an all in one unit like the OEM. Would require separate bracket.

OP
OP
91Eunos

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally heard back from Izzy and have the Tow assist package in progress; tentatively set up for two weeks from now. Timing should be about perfect to pick up my Deaver +3 HDs from Deaver’s HQ about 30 minutes from Izzy’s shop.

I also have some RPG +2 shackles OTW; I’ll take them with me and install them along with the new springs when Izzy does the new shock mounts. I went with the RPGs for the zerk fittings…a lot easier to grease ‘em that way.

I also have some RPG bump stop extensions inbound; should have them installed before I make the trip to Izzy’s shop in SoCal.

Only part still missing is the TSW top hats for my front shocks; will call them mañana to see if they got the bearings in yet. Would like to have those in before the trip too, so I can have an accurate idea of the final ride height/rake when the rear springs go in. I don’t think the top hats will raise the ride height, but not 100% sure.

OP
OP
91Eunos

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do UCA and the tie rods at some point, as well as better brakes, but need to put some $$ into my track car first.

Are there any other suspension or body components I should be looking at?

Will start another thread in the appropriate forum for other mods…looking at a new/better radiator, trans cooler, and oil cooler, as well as power steering, and maybe some other bits.

More to follow.

OP
OP
91Eunos

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I’m doing something wrong in my search, but it looks like the trans coolers for the F250/F350 series is just an enlarged version of the plate and block cooler on the F150 that is mounted underneath the truck next to the transmission, vs. mounted up in front of the radiator like most aftermarket coolers I see.

Around $100 or so though; a lot cheaper than the Gen 2 model from Mishimoto that costs just under $400…think I can get at least 5% off of that price though.

Thoughts?

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I’m doing something wrong in my search, but it looks like the trans coolers for the F250/F350 series is just an enlarged version of the plate and block cooler on the F150 that is mounted underneath the truck next to the transmission, vs. mounted up in front of the radiator like most aftermarket coolers I see.

Around $100 or so though; a lot cheaper than the Gen 2 model from Mishimoto that costs just under $400…think I can get at least 5% off of that price though.

Thoughts?

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Thoughts?
This. Part#DL3V7A095B.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240724-124907_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240724-124907_Samsung Internet.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 7