Dealership BLACKLIST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

poison123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So $5k downpayment... That's high, but at least not more than the price [emoji106]

Ya. I raised a eye brow about the 5k too...but I wanted the truck.....and its not like unless I actively played the stock market that the interest on that 5k is "actually" going to amount to anything over a quarter or two.

gravedgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So $5k down - comes off the MSRP - right?
That's right. But I tried two GT350 orders from two different dealers and never even got a VIN over 8-9 months of waiting so I wasn't willing to give that up for an undetermined amount of time.

gnwes

Reaction score
Add Angela Krause Ford to the list of dealers to be avoided.

I found a local dealer willing to sell at MSRP, but I'm unwilling to pay their $5000 deposit. So I'm sitting on the couch and the phone rings and its AKF's internet salesperson calling to see if I'm still interested in a Raptor. I say that I am, but I'm not willing to pay their $5k markup. I let her know I was negotiating the deposit on a MSRP order about 7-10 miles away.

She says they price match, and can I send her the ad. I remind her its not an ad - its an order - because its a 2017. She says she'll check with her sales manager and call me back. 5 minutes later she calls to say they will match the MSRP, and will I come in to verify the order?

So I visit the next day and not only is she not there, but they have no record of her making me that offer and of course the $5k ADM is still their asking price.

**** those guys. I have tried to give them business on more than one occasion, but ever since they were bought out (previously Cherokee Ford) I have had nothing but bad interactions with them.
Cherokee Ford wasnt bought out, they just changed their name, its always been owned by the Krause family. But they are the worst dealership i have ever dealt with in my life. I would never give them my business again even though they are only about 5 mins from my house. I bought a fiesta from them in 2011 and it was a complete nightmare. I have since bought 3 Fords from other dealers.

gravedgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cherokee Ford wasnt bought out, they just changed their name, its always been owned by the Krause family. But they are the worst dealership i have ever dealt with in my life. I would never give them my business again even though they are only about 5 mins from my house. I bought a fiesta from them in 2011 and it was a complete nightmare. I have since bought 3 Fords from other dealers.

I didn't know that. I guess my only previous experience with them was stopping by to ask some questions and sit in a Mustang GT to get an idea of the interior size before ordering a GT350. Sucks that my closest dealership is so crappy. :mad:

96LT4

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I tried to buy from them, but I agree with your assessment. Found a great dealer up by my parents' house at Lake Lanier. They want business!

Jackb111

Reaction score
I called autonation ford in Torrence CA
Miguel says 10k over. Best deal in town
I drive family down over hour and when I get there next day, they say 15k over
********. I wouldn't buy truck from them for 5$ over. Stay away

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I called autonation ford in Torrence CA
Miguel says 10k over. Best deal in town
I drive family down over hour and when I get there next day, they say 15k over
********. I wouldn't buy truck from them for 5$ over. Stay away

Not surprised, I live 10 mins from them and I had to go 200 miles to find a decent price. Keep in mind there is alot of money in the area. They just built that Ferarri and Maserati dealer down the st. Autonation is a joke. Pretty much all Ford dealers in the greater LA area are ******. They will gouge at will. Hit up a small town dealer, hop in line and save a property tax payment.