Dealership BLACKLIST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nitronate33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unfortunately, dealers tend to treat everything as a business deal nowadays. "it's just business" is their attitude. there is so much sales and management turnover at these dealers that your purchase history and long term business with them just doesn't matter.

the dealer i purchased my gt500 from 6 years ago for $1800 under sticker now wants 5 grand over sticker for the new raptor. we are still in negotiations, but if they don't knock that 5 grand off i'll move on (and rat them out on here).

as buyers, it is OUR responsibility to find the good dealers and bring our business there and prevent this price gouging from happening. there ARE good dealers, you just may have to work a little harder to find one.

i've been doing this for years and have never paid over sticker a single time. sometimes i've had to be patient and other times i've had to shop around quite a bit. playing hardball with dealers and having good negotiation skills can also help.

OP
OP
A

armyturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Armyturtle Ford, Where you name your own price and if you're not completely satisfied with your purchase after 1 year, return it for a no questions asked full refund. But wait there's more, we'll give you an extra $5K back for the inconvenience we've caused you."

Now this is a dealership I'd shop at. Still probably end up on the Butthurt List though. :baby:

Sure have a lot of time on your hands to do a whole lot of non-productive things don't you? Keyboard warrior. Hey - I think your mom's calling you from up above her basement. Better go...

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure have a lot of time on your hands to do a whole lot of non-productive things don't you? Keyboard warrior. Hey - I think your mom's calling you from up above her basement. Better go...

Nah, dinners not until 6 so whatever she needs can wait. Wait, it's meatloaf night... Ma, we need the meatloaf now!

In all seriousness though, the basement joke is probably the most original thing I've read on the Internet. There's no way I'd ever have enough sick burns to top that so you win the keyboard warrior battle of the day good sir. :happy107:

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score

Tizzles mom makes the best meatloaf!!!

I bet you have your own business and give everything away to help your customers...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like meatloaf. I like perusing through maximum information also and making an educated decision on my own based off of said information as well as other parameters.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't mind paying a little over MSRP for meatloaf... if it's a real fancy restaurant. :iranmaybe:

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't mind paying a little over MSRP for meatloaf... if it's a real fancy restaurant. :iranmaybe:

For me, about 10 years ago I agreed and paid it, 15K over to be precise. Ten years later and I really cannot see myself doing it again (especially semi/mostly mass-produced vehicle), let alone I still have regrets for paying the 15 over on another Ford.
The statement "getting older / wiser..." may have merit after-all..