2024 Raptor shock corrosion.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to level my front end, but this corrosion issue has me holding back. I don’t want to mod the suspension if Ford decides to replace them down the road.
Unless the level causes more corrosion, which it won’t, warranty for something corrosion related can’t be denied because of it.

In regards to ano, if the solenoids were to be clear anodized, it would be expected that they would corrode at a similar rate as the orange part adjacent to them. The only real difference between orange and clear ano is that the orange goes through a dye bath. Assuming they are both type II of course. So either they are not anodized or something is accelerating the corrosion. I can’t think of a great reason they wouldn’t anodize them to be honest. Ano is very inexpensive.

If they aren’t coated with anything I’d say pull them off, buff them to your liking (just scotch brite would do), then spray with something like amsoil mp hd. That would ensure the entire surface is covered.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shrink tube! 1.5 diameter and cut to about 52MM. Looks OEM
I went this route. First I cleaned them with aluminum cleaner/polish just to get the rough feeling off of them. They came out pretty good, but decided to shink wrap. I wanted to be able to redo / remove if needed so preferred with a non-adhesive wrap, but had this so just did not get it hot enough to melt the adhesive. I know becuase removed two of them and did them over with a different length.

Used this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CLCZZGNQ/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Before cleaning....not as bad as some.

Dirty.jpg

After the cleaning:

Clean.jpg

1 7/8" length shrink wrap:

1.875 Inch.jpg

I prefered for the wrap to go over the edge so remove and used 2" length.

2 inch.jpg

BBLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting on word from Ford corporate to my service writer as to what they're going to do with my corroded solenoid shocks (I'm expecting four replacements). Not sure why it's taking so long to hear back, but at least it appears that they've acknowledged the issue and corrected it. It's obvious that the early shocks made it through quality control without anodizing.

marcosBinOC

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went this route. First I cleaned them with aluminum cleaner/polish just to get the rough feeling off of them. They came out pretty good, but decided to shink wrap. I wanted to be able to redo / remove if needed so preferred with a non-adhesive wrap, but had this so just did not get it hot enough to melt the adhesive. I know becuase removed two of them and did them over with a different length.
clean work and nicely done, hamster.
I'd probably go that route if I wasn't getting mine replaced under warranty- although w/ my OCD, I'd only be thinking about the continued degradation going on underneath that beautiful wrap job... :rolleyes:

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd probably go that route if I wasn't getting mine replaced under warranty- although w/ my OCD, I'd only be thinking about the continued degradation going on underneath that beautiful wrap job... :rolleyes:
Did you get a warranty approved for this already?

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll wait until they replace a few of these under warranty and then cut off the shrink and if getting worse will hit the dealer. If no worse will just shrink wrap it again.