GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor Driver

Reaction score
It won't slow it down if you don't have a vin# or build date yet.

I had a VIN and build date and changed the color about 2.5 weeks from the build date. Dealer said the cutoff is generally 2 weeks out. I almost didn't ask because I heard the VIN meant no changes. Glad I asked. My Raptor was built last week!

dakotawoopass

Reaction score
I had a VIN and build date and changed the color about 2.5 weeks from the build date. Dealer said the cutoff is generally 2 weeks out. I almost didn't ask because I heard the VIN meant no changes. Glad I asked. My Raptor was built last week!

What color were you getting? And you changed it to?

And you paid MSRP or over? I heard in like California, dealers were charging 10-12k over MSRP.

I ordered white, thought about going to "magnetic". I decided to stay with white.

Purinacatchow

Reaction score
What does "Waiting for ok to buy to be granted" mean?
The dealer said the truck is built and the current status is "waiting for ok to buy to be granted".

My order was accepted by Ford early August.
Ordered a scab with 802a, bedliner, and the applique. no cf.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What does "Waiting for ok to buy to be granted" mean?
The dealer said the truck is built and the current status is "waiting for ok to buy to be granted".

My order was accepted by Ford early August.
Ordered a scab with 802a, bedliner, and the applique. no cf.
All new models go through a process where they test for quality control. They will sit at the plant after built until a specific number are tested and passed. Once they are satisfied that the quality standards are met, they release them from the factory as OK to Buy. It's like an official approval.

Essentially OK to Buy means Ford says that they are...well...Ok to buy.

noblesramair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ That sounds great but assuming that is the case what the heck do they think they are going to do if they don't pass the "quality control check"?!

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone help decrypt this for me?

ETIS: build date: 30.11.0002
COTUS: VIN not found
Dealer screenshot says: Build date 12/5/16 (ETA 12/24/16)

Thanks!

Lee358

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone help decrypt this for me?

ETIS: build date: 30.11.0002
COTUS: VIN not found
Dealer screenshot says: Build date 12/5/16 (ETA 12/24/16)

Thanks!

Etis puts in 30.11.0002 for every vehicle till its built then the date will change to your build date.

Cotus can not track raptors.

Your truck will be built the 5th of december, and hopfully arive at your dealer the 24th. Merry Christmas.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Etis puts in 30.11.0002 for every vehicle till its built then the date will change to your build date.

Cotus can not track raptors.

Your truck will be built the 5th of december, and hopfully arive at your dealer the 24th. Merry Christmas.

Thank you!