GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaeGun

Reaction score
FWIW, I have the CF package and just got scheduled for 12/5 with an ETA build on 12/24.
May I ask when you placed your order? This issue with the carbon fiber is weird to say the least. I had confirmation from the local FORD rep in my area that it was unavailable when I placed my order within a week of the order bank opening up in late July and was told it would delay my order, so I took it off. Well, now its been 3+months since I placed my order and still no build date and I would be a little miffed if people placed order WITH CF package after me and got their orders pulled for build. I really liked the CF package but not enough to add it back if my order will be delayed another 3+ months. Has anyone confirmed the latest on this?

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May I ask when you placed your order? This issue with the carbon fiber is weird to say the least. I had confirmation from the local FORD rep in my area that it was unavailable when I placed my order within a week of the order bank opening up in late July and was told it would delay my order, so I took it off. Well, now its been 3+months since I placed my order and still no build date and I would be a little miffed if people placed order WITH CF package after me and got their orders pulled for build. I really liked the CF package but not enough to add it back if my order will be delayed another 3+ months. Has anyone confirmed the latest on this?

Order placed 8/12 with CF. made minor changes here and there but never took CF package off.

Erock4129

Reaction score
it'll be an entire week since i ordered the raptor. Still not window sticker :p

You will get a build week first (VIN issued), and then a build date, about a week (Thursday or Friday) prior to your build week the window sticker becomes available.

dakotawoopass

Reaction score
It won't slow it down if you don't have a vin# or build date yet.

My salesman is asking his sales manager.

I actually only wanted "Tailgate Applique" added to the order.

If they can't for some reason, do you suppose it can be added later or is that some sort of special tailgate entirely?

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My salesman is asking his sales manager.

I actually only wanted "Tailgate Applique" added to the order.

If they can't for some reason, do you suppose it can be added later or is that some sort of special tailgate entirely?
I saw a picture of the bare tailgate somewhere, it had a lot of extra holes, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
80668d1476820517-found-all-2017s-80-2016_05_10_18_43_34_99853eebe9aa8d550afe5973e4300c5b4d49ce0a.jpg

dakotawoopass

Reaction score

okay. thanks. So obviously it can't just be slapped on later. Lol.

They told me they got it changed. Thanks for your reply!

Also, everyone else, were you charged over MSRP? I'm from ND. All dealers that had or could still order under their allocation, wanted 5k over MSRP.

ONE place...said they still had one left to order, and would sell AT MSRP. I said "Done deal".

And also, every Ford I purchase hereafter, will be from them.

EDIT: MSRP, NOT INVOICE. Lol. Oops.

Last edited:

Scrappy Doo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay. thanks. So obviously it can't just be slapped on later. Lol.

They told me they got it changed. Thanks for your reply!

Also, everyone else, were you charged over invoice? I'm from ND. All dealers that had or could still order under their allocation, wanted 5k over invoice.

ONE place...said they still had one left to order, and would sell AT invoice. I said "Done deal".

And also, every Ford I purchase hereafter, will be from them.

Invoice? or MSRP?