GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer notified that I'm scheduled for 12/5 with ETA of 12/24, ETA finish 12/30. :)

Last edited:

RaeGun

Reaction score
Can I vent?

I have been passively following this forum since I placed my order on 7/27 and over the past 3 months have learned a lot about the Ford ordering process by reading through the responses to this thread. Frustrating to say the least. I have been "Clean/Unscheduled" for over 2 months (CF was removed immediately upon learning of its delaying some orders). My order is the second of 4 allocations for my dealer in the central valley area of Northern California (in the top 90 or so for F150 sales in the nation so not a super high volume dealership). My priority code is 10. I do not know if the first allocation has been scheduled yet. Seems no one can make sense of the process of selecting orders to build. Should I be worried about my order? Am I going to find out 6 months from now that it somehow won't get built? I have ordered "specialty vehicles" before from other companies and although the process had taken up to 6 months from order to delivery in some cases, these were from much smaller companies and cars were built overseas. The process was much more transparent which made the wait a little more tolerable. This is my first Ford. I like the dealership, I like the quick response from Ford Service on FB. The wait and uncertainty is killing me though. Sorry for my long winded vent of my frustrations here. Can anyone with prior experience or who might be "in the know" with Ford offer some additional insight as to whether or not I should be concerned that my order might not be picked up?

mwright4679

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been passively following this forum since I placed my order on 7/27 and over the past 3 months have learned a lot about the Ford ordering process by reading through the responses to this thread. Frustrating to say the least. I have been "Clean/Unscheduled" for over 2 months (CF was removed immediately upon learning of its delaying some orders). My order is the second of 4 allocations for my dealer in the central valley area of Northern California (in the top 90 or so for F150 sales in the nation so not a super high volume dealership). My priority code is 10. I do not know if the first allocation has been scheduled yet. Seems no one can make sense of the process of selecting orders to build. Should I be worried about my order? Am I going to find out 6 months from now that it somehow won't get built? I have ordered "specialty vehicles" before from other companies and although the process had taken up to 6 months from order to delivery in some cases, these were from much smaller companies and cars were built overseas. The process was much more transparent which made the wait a little more tolerable. This is my first Ford. I like the dealership, I like the quick response from Ford Service on FB. The wait and uncertainty is killing me though. Sorry for my long winded vent of my frustrations here. Can anyone with prior experience or who might be "in the know" with Ford offer some additional insight as to whether or not I should be concerned that my order might not be picked up?

The carbon fiber rumor seems to be just a rumor. There have been trucks get scheduled all along with cf. If you want carbon fiber you can still add it back onto your order.

Bigbo076

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The carbon fiber rumor seems to be just a rumor. There have been trucks get scheduled all along with cf. If you want carbon fiber you can still add it back onto your order.

Pretty sure it is more than just a rumor with all the people reporting they were told by their dealer they would need to remove to have their ordered pulled. I'm pretty sure it is limited supply, some will get it others will either remove or wait a little longer.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score

You should not be concerned a bit. Production of the Raptor is still in the ramp up phase. During this ramp up phase supplier constraint issues sometimes pop up. It will get better with time and your order will be scheduled.

You will likely see a slow down in orders being scheduled as Thanksgiving and Christmas approaches.

Last edited:

Corey77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure it is more than just a rumor with all the people reporting they were told by their dealer they would need to remove to have their ordered pulled. I'm pretty sure it is limited supply, some will get it others will either remove or wait a little longer.

Correct, the same day I ordered mine my dealer called me that night told me to remove the CF package or my order would be delayed an extra 90 days