Official 2024 R Quality Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paint was scratched to hell when I Went to pick it up. All the door passenger side bed and light wells had to be repainted.

Was about to pick it up and the dealer called saying they wanted to look at the shifter. It needed to be replaced but is on back order.
Starting to feel lucky with my minor problems.

TanneRd

Reaction score
Not really a quality issue but I went to check out a 24 today and noticed the neat little V8 perforated stitching in the armrest is only on the driver’s side?!? Can anyone confirm if this is a weird one off issue or if it’s just like that…I don’t understand why they wouldn’t make it symmetrical.

On a positive note, the HUD looks pretty cool!

IMG_7652.jpeg

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not really a quality issue but I went to check out a 24 today and noticed the neat little V8 perforated stitching in the armrest is only on the driver’s side?!? Can anyone confirm if this is a weird one off issue or if it’s just like that…I don’t understand why they wouldn’t make it symmetrical.

On a positive note, the HUD looks pretty cool!

View attachment 457669
The V8 on the armrest in only on the driver side.

TanneRd

Reaction score
The V8 on the armrest in only on the driver side.
Thank you. I was glad to see the Raptor R stitching on 4 seats now instead of just the front but the armrest design on only the driver side is kind of odd. I’m not even sure if the passenger side of the armrest had the same red undertone in the perforation. At least it has a heated steering wheel!

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So next issue I am working on getting corrected is the gap at the top of the rear two fender flares. Inspected few new raptors and all the ones with build dates of March on had tight fits. Several with build dates of Feb like mine had the gaps. Talked to dealer I bought it from and they would have to install and that is 300 miles round trip. He said any dealer should be able to fix as they can order poor fitting body trim without prior approval if within 90 days of original delivery. Dealer today confirmed so if you have similar issue then make sure to get a service ticket open before 90 days.

Met with service manager and a shop lead or foreman today. Apparantly they never had one off before so they pulled diagram and we went through it. Took a bit as I seemed to know how it attached better than they did. But in the end they agreed to order one and if solves the problem then order the other one. Ordered driver's side as it is the worse one. They were very professional so I was perfectly fine with doing one at a time.

If it does not resolve the issue, then I am going to ask they open a case and push it up the ladder as no way a truck this expensive should have a poor fitting part like this.

We will see....here is pic looking down from top of driver side rear fender.

20240521_104816.jpg

Last edited:

D1ESEL

Reaction score
Aside from bad paint my proximity key hasn’t worked from day one to lock and unlock the doors with the handle.

What’s strange is the Truck recognizes the key when I get close but it doesn’t unlook any of the doors with the handles.

bakwaas4eva

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aside from bad paint my proximity key hasn’t worked from day one to lock and unlock the doors with the handle.

What’s strange is the Truck recognizes the key when I get close but it doesn’t unlook any of the doors with the handles.
I had the same problem but it eventually starts to work..they have it as a safety mechanism when keys sit idle for some time after 2 weeks my keys started work with proximity... this safety mechanism is for anti theft ..

bakwaas4eva

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It will eventually work afyer it sees there activity and motion with the key... it's anti theft measure that ford did with the keys... that I was told from My dealership... my keys started to work a day before my service appt ...