Firestone jacked my Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PTobias

Reaction score
So I've been buying the Firestone lifetime alignment program for pretty much all of my cars for several years, and took my 2018 Raptor in today for tire rotate/balance alignment tweak and state inspection.

first thing odd was that it took all day - ominous music plays

get it back and they could not get it aligned, and told me I need camber and caster kits. Problem is the steering wheel is pointed two lanes left now just to go straight. They tried to tell me it's because my lift kit exceeds factory recommendations.

can someone guide me on the proper caster/camber kits to get so that I can take it to anywhere but firestone

mine is a 2018 super crew no modifications.

Thanks in advance for the guidance

Phil

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You probably can't get a refund, but drive as fast (in a straight line if possible) to a Alignment shop that has mechanics better than your typical High School Dropout.
I've NEVER trusted a Firestone shop, not even with my lawnmower.

wazatataza

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m guessing these are the ones they are referring to.

But it makes it easier to align, not that’s it’s absolutely necessary. Also hold in your alignment even after rough off roading.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
So I've been buying the Firestone lifetime alignment program for pretty much all of my cars for several years, and took my 2018 Raptor in today for tire rotate/balance alignment tweak and state inspection.

get it back and they could not get it aligned, and told me I need camber and caster kits. Problem is the steering wheel is pointed two lanes left now just to go straight. They tried to tell me it's because my lift kit exceeds factory recommendations.

can someone guide me on the proper caster/camber kits to get so that I can take it to anywhere but firestone

@pastorwug has both eloquently and succinctly captured the consensus and guided you correctly.

RUN, do not walk to the nearest exit.

If you’re rocking an unmodified suspension, you don’t want them working on your truck ever.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score

Thanks in advance for the guidance

Phil
Post up the before/after alignment printout. There's no reason they couldn't at least get it back to what it was before.