Official 2024 R Quality Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ToadSmasher2K1

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But after all the work put in on my current one including full PPF and Ford's "gift" of the 5yr/75k warranty etc., I am not trading anytime soon for orange or blue shocks.

:signs8:
I’m guessing they’ll still put up a fight in replacing these pos corroded shocks.

They should have anodized the solenoids red and blue, that would have added some interest to the black shocks.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m guessing they’ll still put up a fight in replacing these pos corroded shocks.

They should have anodized the solenoids red and blue, that would have added some interest to the black shocks.
Yeah sure they would depending on cost. I shrinkwraped in black so now more boring. I just ordered some orange shrinkwrap to see how I like that....if I hate it I will just go back to black.

OP
OP
ToadSmasher2K1

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah sure they would depending on cost. I shrinkwraped in black so now more boring. I just ordered some orange shrinkwrap to see how I like that....if I hate it I will just go back to black.
Do you worry that it’s still corroding underneath? I guess it doesn’t really matter because they’ll need rebuilt long before the corrosion is a problem.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you worry that it’s still corroding underneath? I guess it doesn’t really matter because they’ll need rebuilt long before the corrosion is a problem.
Not really....cleaned and put some lube on them and maybe I am wrong but figured they would stop corroding once shrinkwrapped and remove exposure to air?

Plus took your suggestion and got couple feet of blue and red shrinkwrap....

RaptorMX

Reaction score
I got my 2024 Raptor R 2 weeks ago here in Mexico. The build quality is really horrible for such an expensive Truck. My 2023 Raptor was way better.

Here some of my issues:

- Driver seat on the back is sliced open
- Driver Door Seal comes off
- Hood is miss aligned
- Wheel alignment is fully off
- some Screws are already rusty
- Exhaust has a leak
- Ford Logo on Bed Door comes loose

But then at the same time, when you floor the pedal everything is good again

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my 2024 Raptor R 2 weeks ago here in Mexico. The build quality is really horrible for such an expensive Truck. My 2023 Raptor was way better.

Here some of my issues:

- Driver seat on the back is sliced open
- Driver Door Seal comes off
- Hood is miss aligned
- Wheel alignment is fully off
- some Screws are already rusty
- Exhaust has a leak
- Ford Logo on Bed Door comes loose

But then at the same time, when you floor the pedal everything is good again
My 23 had most of those.