Official 2024 R Quality Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With a way Southern accent....

Hows dares youse'alls tries to corrects me's orthographic abilities?

Goldtoad

Reaction score
Picked up my vehicle Friday. At dealership I noticed:
Driver cooled seat fan inop.
Wheel Fender on driver side not attached on last mounting point
3x missing plastic screws for holding shit together under hood
Glove compartment missing rubber thing's and also doesn't close
Hood alignment off and rubbing with fender on right side, half inch gap on left side.
Front bumper plastic piece not fully attached
Passenger rear door misaligned. Rubs with frame on bottom
Does the start skip turnover issue and takes a few tries to start

Overall...wtf.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked up my vehicle Friday. At dealership I noticed:
Driver cooled seat fan inop.
Wheel Fender on driver side not attached on last mounting point
3x missing plastic screws for holding shit together under hood
Glove compartment missing rubber thing's and also doesn't close
Hood alignment off and rubbing with fender on right side, half inch gap on left side.
Front bumper plastic piece not fully attached
Passenger rear door misaligned. Rubs with frame on bottom
Does the start skip turnover issue and takes a few tries to start

Overall...wtf.
Ut oh! Did u take the truck or leave with dealer to fix? What was ur build month?

Goldtoad

Reaction score
I took delivery because I flew in to grab it and had to get it home before weekend. Build was 27 may....right after holiday weekend.

I pointed these things out at dealership with my sales rep as we walked around....he was shocked to see so many issues. "I've never seen a just delivered truck in this poor of a state in my 35 years" was his quote.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took delivery because I flew in to grab it and had to get it home before weekend. Build was 27 may....right after holiday weekend.

I pointed these things out at dealership with my sales rep as we walked around....he was shocked to see so many issues. "I've never seen a just delivered truck in this poor of a state in my 35 years" was his quote.
I feel for you. Hopefully local dealer can fix u up.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Won't lie, this thread of issues, along with the additional list in the gen 3 list, has me really worried. My MY22 arrived with a laundry list of issues, and quite frankly, I"m not in the mood to deal with it again. I asked my dealer to pull my order and we can try again in MY25. I'm really sorry you guys have had to deal with this, ridiculous at the price tag of this truck.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So next issue I am working on getting corrected is the gap at the top of the rear two fender flares. Inspected few new raptors and all the ones with build dates of March on had tight fits. Several with build dates of Feb like mine had the gaps. Talked to dealer I bought it from and they would have to install and that is 300 miles round trip. He said any dealer should be able to fix as they can order poor fitting body trim without prior approval if within 90 days of original delivery. Dealer today confirmed so if you have similar issue then make sure to get a service ticket open before 90 days.

Met with service manager and a shop lead or foreman today. Apparantly they never had one off before so they pulled diagram and we went through it. Took a bit as I seemed to know how it attached better than they did. But in the end they agreed to order one and if solves the problem then order the other one. Ordered driver's side as it is the worse one. They were very professional so I was perfectly fine with doing one at a time.

If it does not resolve the issue, then I am going to ask they open a case and push it up the ladder as no way a truck this expensive should have a poor fitting part like this.

We will see....here is pic looking down from top of driver side rear fender.

Dealer called today and they had my driver side rear fender flare in and wanted me to drop truck off for entire day to have body shop install. I asked for a window to come in and wait as it is literally a 15 minute job. They were nice, but said they could not do that and would have service manager call me. He called and I explained why I did not want to leave it all day for such a quick fix....he said not problem and asked if I was free and said come on down and we will pop it on in the service bay. Took him up on that and here is the before and after pictures.

Before.jpg

After.jpg

So much better! He was going to order the passenger side but I said that since the gaps were almost identical on both sides that I did not want to take a chance that the new one was worse.

So this is my last item that I need to take to the dealer. Only thing left is to straighten up my passenger side front tow hook and then I should be golden.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
..........Only thing left is to straighten up my passenger side front tow hook and then I should be golden.

Straightening the tow hook was pretty easy. Needed 13mm and 15mm socket and a wrench like this one to easily get to one on the nuts.

Tool.jpg

Take 4 bolts out in the square boxes. Loosen the 2 in the circle. The skid plate will sit on the bumper.....you can take it all the way off, but not necessary.

Tow 1.jpg

Now you can easily get the rubber fillers out.

Tow 2.jpg

Loosen these two bolts and adjust the tow hook. Tighten everything back up making sure to hold the tow hook in place.

Tow 3.jpg

I found that if you grab the loosen tow hook, push it all the way back and to the outside of the truck that they aligned perfectly.

I thought I was done with all my issues, but learned in another tread about the fairly common exhaust leak located approximately under the driver's seat.