Are you "happy" with the 5.4L?

Are you "happy" with the 5.4L?

• Yes

Votes: 35 89.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJ BFG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about that DJ... my puny ****** doesn't equate to a predilection for a more powerful pucker factor <GG>.

But what do I know <G>.

Falcon

I was talking about their ego's not their peckers Falcon. There you go assuming something again and putting words in my mouth. Why can't you and i just get over our differences. Honestly maybe it is "ME" or maybe it is "BOTH" of us, who knows as long as it remains an all fun disagreement I am good with it.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I realize this is for owners only but is this going to turn into one of those epic arguments like Ford vs Chevy, AK47 vs AR15, 9mm vs 40 SW vs 45 ACP?

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Probably. And so long as everybody stays respectful of eachother, its all good. What we cannot have, and will not allow, is members attacking one another. Agree to disagree if you must, move on, and all will be well.

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about that DJ... my puny ****** doesn't equate to a predilection for a more powerful pucker factor <GG>.

But what do I know <G>.

Falcon

I was talking about their ego's not their peckers Falcon. There you go assuming something again and putting words in my mouth. Why can't you and i just get over our differences. Honestly maybe it is "ME" or maybe it is "BOTH" of us, who knows as long as it remains an all fun disagreement I am good with it.

DJ... first, let me apologize for not responding sooner, I actually did... but we were having a thunder storm in the Ozarks and had a power glitch that kicked me offline. I truly thought my post had gone out though.

What it said was this... I think it is probably 'both' of us to some degree. I apologize if you got the impression that I was attacking YOU... I didn't agree with what you said, but I believe very strongly in your right to say it. in any case, I have ZERO 'problems' with you... I am just getting a bit tired of getting banged on because of my motor choice. But just because I disagree with your stated position on motor sizes doesn't mean I don't respect your opinion. Hell... if we got together you might even like me <G>. A lot of people do it seems... I think it is my taste in Whiskey. LOL

This is a great forum filled with great people, and you are one of them. The pec*er thing was supposed to be a play on words from a old Navy saying... maybe I got a little too cute... although FSM06 seemed to like it <G>. In my own defense, maybe everyone missed the statement about 'size' that I was responding to

"...I think that people get the bigger number to accommodate for something else...
The "something else" is well known... how many times have we heard that old joke? HOWEVER... from what all the responders had to say about my comment, it would seem that everyone misunderstood why I was making comment about 'size'. I was just tactfully [I thought] responding to a previous comment directed towards me. As I said... maybe too witty of a reply. Sorry for any confusion I might have caused.

Falcon

DJ BFG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Falcon the Ozarks are a great place i live in kansas, (Ft. Riley) maybe i will come out and we can go tear up the terrain and share our favorite bottles together. Mine is Woodford Reserve. get it woodFORD reserve? LOL No worries here how many time have you gotten your shell back card?

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are on Buddy <G>. And how does an Army guy know about Shellbacks? I can neither confirm, nor deny I have ever kissed the Royal Babies belly. LOL

Falcon

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I realize this is for owners only but is this going to turn into one of those epic arguments like Ford vs Chevy, AK47 vs AR15, 9mm vs 40 SW vs 45 ACP?

I am pretty consistent...5.4, Ford, .223, and 9mm. Like all my girlfriends havd told me..it's not the size of the boat that matters it's the motion of the ocean

DJ BFG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My family is a military family, my cousin was in the navy for at least 20 years. my ex dad in law was in the navy. had an uncle in the army and the list goes on all the way back to the rev. war. now I am the sole survivor and I retire next May. I honestly think that I will be the last on in the family to go into the military. at least out of mine and the next generation. Any way to answer your question my cousin and ex dad in law filled me in on all the details. LOL plus I was in a navy cadet class when i was in 8th grade so i also heard about it there as well.

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
umm..5.4 is way more than enough for what i use it for...maybe under powered on pavement, but offroad, totally different story...way more than capable for sure. that offroad mode is like the best tune for this truck!

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could be an aberration in this (as in many other things <G>) but I ordered a 6.2L primarily because I believe the venerable 5.4's days are numbered. I have owned one for years, still do... 140,000 miles and still kickin... and I would be the FIRST to agree that I don't need an extra 100 HP. Not that I won't enjoy it <G>... but the 5.4 has done me well in my XLT. Is the 5.4 in the Raptor different? Dunno... but there IS a school of thought out there that says it is underpowered.

Resale/trade-in was another issue for me. Not that I plan to sell it, but if I do I think the issue of a 6.2 vs. a 5.4 will be an important point. [QUOTE/]

I agree with this post, as i am too worried about its resale value, as i never really kept a truck or car for over 100,000 miles...longest i ever had a vehicle was my old f150, 80K miles...

but it does get annoying hearing people or reading posts by people who dont own either of the 2...and they say my truck is under powered, when in fact thats not the case at all for me...hell it out shined a rubicon with a hemi! which had more HP...so that must say something. Also when it had its shoot outs initially when it first came out...they were still rating this truck ahead of its peers...so again, its not something to ignore, or say its under powered, cause that honestly makes no sense at all...why arent they saying the FJ is under powered? it has less HP and TQ...or jeeps? hell look at those H2's...for the amount of HP they have, they are still slugs on pavement...worst than the 5.4 Raptor...

so why do they say such things? for one...marketing...two...controversy, which sells magazines...JMHO