Air Conditioning - not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@FordTechOne is there any way to determine the inlet and exit temps on the condenser unit IE sensor values?

Im taking it to the dealer on Monday and im afraid they will give me trouble considering i have a front mount intercooler in front of the cooling stack.

Generally the inlet and exit temps on a condenser should be between 20-50 degrees.

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@FordTechOne is there any way to determine the inlet and exit temps on the condenser unit IE sensor values?

Im taking it to the dealer on Monday and im afraid they will give me trouble considering i have a front mount intercooler in front of the cooling stack.

Generally the inlet and exit temps on a condenser should be between 20-50 degrees.
There are no sensors for condenser temperature. I wouldn’t bother bringing it in with the aftermarket charge air cooler, they can’t accurately diagnose it without the factory one installed.

beemerb0y

Reaction score
The only AC issue Ive noticed is that the vent to the left of the steering wheel and the furthest right side/passenger one blows less volume that the other vents. Anyone else have this issue?

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only AC issue Ive noticed is that the vent to the left of the steering wheel and the furthest right side/passenger one blows less volume that the other vents. Anyone else have this issue?
Yep this is the main issue for sure. Stays the same amount of air flow with the rear vents closed too.

What’s the deal with the floor/vent defrost button. When I start my truck the light is never on but air is blowing out of the vents. Is there a default setting with no light and then each time you start the truck you need to press the button and select your settings?

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are no sensors for condenser temperature. I wouldn’t bother bringing it in with the aftermarket charge air cooler, they can’t accurately diagnose it without the factory one installed.
Update:
Dealer said traced ac refer leak to a bad compressor seal and have been instructed to replace compressor under warranty. Said nothing about the intercooler.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So i i have the truck back. I paid 100 for my deductible . The diag, evac, new compressor, valves and install was billed at just over $2000 for everything. ESP has been recouped already with that. Everything from here on out is gravy.

A/c blowing low 40’s out the vents on 90 degree days now :).

Dealer said nothing about intercooler so im super happy.