Air Conditioning - not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daneger

Reaction score
For what it is worth, I had my 2 week old 24 at the dealer this week for an oil change and they told me they did a software update for the AC system.

Mine seems to be cooling just fine, it’s just that the outside vents pretty much suck balls!

STHenry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what it is worth, I had my 2 week old 24 at the dealer this week for an oil change and they told me they did a software update for the AC system.

Mine seems to be cooling just fine, it’s just that the outside vents pretty much suck balls!
I would have to agree on the outside air vents not working well. I thought my AC was not working well when the dealer looked at it they said that the temp was fine just does not provide as much air out of the outside vents. Go figure.

Jesse1983

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This happened to me on my '24 today. Fan speed 0, virtually no air coming out. Luke warm. Came out from lunch, back to normal. Sounds like it'***** and miss right now?

I think no air coming out at fan speed 0 is normal :biggrin:

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok update:

I forgot that I had replaced cabin air end of last summer to one of those amazon special activated charcoal 1” thick units.

Well I swapped it out this morning with a fram titanium unit from Advanced auto parts that was much closer to stock . Thinner , less restrictive , lighter weight.

Put it in and bang , nearly twice the airflow. And cooling was much closer to how It should be. We have 83 degrees and high humidity. I need to test it in 90 degree heat soak today. So far its looking like this might be what caused all this. When airflow moves slower across an evaporator a lot of crazy shit can happen to the system including lower suction and higher high side pressures.

Will update fingers crossed. I will be pissed if a 27 dollar amazon airfilter caused me to evac and recharge the ac system.
I'm willing to bet the dealership put mine in upside down when they did the AC TSB. He said they cleaned the filter and sprayed the condenser also. I'll grab a pic of my filter. Which way is the arrow supposed to be pointing. I know its with the air flow but is that air flow from the blower motor below? So the arrow faces up?

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would have to agree on the outside air vents not working well. I thought my AC was not working well when the dealer looked at it they said that the temp was fine just does not provide as much air out of the outside vents. Go figure.
I agree with this also. It lacks from the outside vents. Even if you close all the other vents. Sometimes the AC will be blowing and when I press the floor, vent or defrost selection button, none of the lights are on, but there is air coming out of the vents. Then I press to turn on both the floor and vent and it changes nothing?

That button confuses me on its purpose. Is there a default and that button is simply making a change from the default? What about the AC button? Turn it off when you pass 72 degrees and you want heat only?

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet the dealership put mine in upside down when they did the AC TSB. He said they cleaned the filter and sprayed the condenser also. I'll grab a pic of my filter. Which way is the arrow supposed to be pointing. I know its with the air flow but is that air flow from the blower motor below? So the arrow faces up?
I think it flows upward towards the windshield.

It wasnt the filter. Its going in Monday to Dealer. I now have a shyte ton of water coming out of the pinch seam passenger wheel well as well as passenger carpet is now wet. This in conjunction with poor AC performance in the heat of the day.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it flows upward towards the windshield.

It wasnt the filter. Its going in Monday to Dealer. I now have a shyte ton of water coming out of the pinch seam passenger wheel well as well as passenger carpet is now wet. This in conjunction with poor AC performance in the heat of the day.
what year is the raptor