Air Conditioning - not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before:

View attachment 458288

After:
View attachment 458289

i added about 4oz or so and it perked up to 33-35 with the recurc off. I saw the high side creeping up around 210 so i called it good. Cabin air is at 39 out the vents on low fan which was what I was looking for. Its around 76degrees right now so i am leaving it there. Will report back long term.
yea dont go crazy ,its a small system so it does not take much to be on the wrong side of too much or too little, too much freon will actually make the air warmer,temperture and pressure r cousins. u cant really just go by pressure ,2 many variables, should go by superheat 10-20 degrees ,or take out the freon and vac and weigh it in

DMM_78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats how a freezeup works ,ac works ,freezes up does not work ,then melts,works again rinse and repeat
I get that it's not fixed. But based on most people's experience the dealer doesn't have a fix. I'll try the keeping the recirculation on and see how it goes.

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get that it's not fixed. But based on most people's experience the dealer doesn't have a fix. I'll try the keeping the recirculation on and see how it goes.
The fix is now available, see my post on the previous page.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So after adding more r134 a I had the same issue yesterday and today . It always happens at the hottest point of the day 11-3 warm out of the vents. So I took it to my friends shop and put it on the AC evac.
IMG_3234.jpeg

It evacuated all the r134 , did a leak test for 15 minutes at -30 in/m . I had 2.54lbs in the system total which is like 30% over charge. We re charged it to 1.94 lbs of refer and added back barely an oz of Pag oil being that most of that is left in the system.

The trouble is by the time this was done the a/c seemed to function normally but the ambient temps were already coming down so I could not re-create.

Now that I know the refrigerant is now to factory spec and there are no leaks i am worried that the mountune front intercooler is blocking too much airflow to the condenser and thus not allowing the refrigerant to turn back into a liquid. This hinders cooling and was likely kicking the high limit sensor and turning off the compressor.

Those of you with front mounts, are you experiencing diminished a/c performance in 90+ degree days?

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after adding more r134 a I had the same issue yesterday and today . It always happens at the hottest point of the day 11-3 warm out of the vents. So I took it to my friends shop and put it on the AC evac.
View attachment 459529

It evacuated all the r134 , did a leak test for 15 minutes at -30 in/m . I had 2.54lbs in the system total which is like 30% over charge. We re charged it to 1.94 lbs of refer and added back barely an oz of Pag oil being that most of that is left in the system.

The trouble is by the time this was done the a/c seemed to function normally but the ambient temps were already coming down so I could not re-create.

Now that I know the refrigerant is now to factory spec and there are no leaks i am worried that the mountune front intercooler is blocking too much airflow to the condenser and thus not allowing the refrigerant to turn back into a liquid. This hinders cooling and was likely kicking the high limit sensor and turning off the compressor.

Those of you with front mounts, are you experiencing diminished a/c performance in 90+ degree days?
doesn't an electric fan suck the heat off the condenser, the refer in the condenser is already a liquid from being compressed. a dirty conderser will also give u a high head ,and trip any high limits ,yours not being a gen 3 ,its not the freeze up issue

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
doesn't an electric fan suck the heat off the condenser, the refer in the condenser is already a liquid from being compressed. a dirty conderser will also give u a high head ,and trip any high limits ,yours not being a gen 3 ,its not the freeze up issue
It does , and my fan runs super high when the ac is warm from the vents if its very hot . If the intercooler is blocking “cooler “ air? Im
Just surprised no one else is having this problem with all these guys running front mounts. I bet that the dealer wont want to even touch it with the intercooler on there.

And no the condenser receives a gas from the compressor and cools it to turn back into liquid .