2024 A/C Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NoharmnoFAL

Reaction score
I’ve noticed the AC in general is weak. I came from a 2018 Platinum and the AC was seriously one of the best I’ve ever had in a vehicle. Not so with this Gen 3 Raptor (2023).

Same. I’m driving my 2017 for the first time since April and the AC in it is way better.

Also, my ‘24 has acted like it’s frozen up twice now. On the first time, it just wasn’t blowing hard. I thought it was a mixing door malfunction or a clogged filter. Filter was good, and in the ten minutes of dicking with it, it went back to normal. On the second time, I just turned off the AC for a minute and then turned it back on.

OP
OP
LargeNinCharge
Reaction score
Update* I experienced the issue 10 minutes away for the dealership I have the appointment with. I Called ahead and asked if there was anything that could be done that day since the issue was currently happening. They said I could bring it by and have a service manager look at it and add it to my ticket as evidence. I arrived and met the service manager and a technician who immediately opened my hood and saw that my A/C condenser lines were frozen over. The service technician and manager had seen this before and knew a TSB had been issued. The tech got his laptop and updated the HVAC module in about 5 minutes. So far I have had no issues with my A/C and will keep y’all posted if it comes back. I haven’t noticed any change in the quality of the A/C besides maybe it not getting quite as cold.

Sylvain

Reaction score
I recently got a 24' Raptor and am already having issues with the A/C becoming unresponsive randomly after startup, with the blower motor not working and no air coming through the vents. I've seen multiple threads about others having similar problems with previous model years, but I was curious if anyone has had similar troubles on a 24. I have a service appointment scheduled in a few weeks and will keep the thread updated.
I recently purchased a 2024 Raptor as well. I'm having the same issue and will be bringing it in for service. did the dealership resolve your issue?

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As stated by other people on this forum.

1. Start the truck.
2. Roll Down all windows
3. Max AC on for 15-20 min.
4. Swap over to Auto Fan level 3 coldest temperature.
5. Take down each auto Fan level if you get cold.

I also got ceramic tint for every window (including the windshield and moon roof), which greatly helps.

The above only helps people who feel the AC is underpowered. My side vents still have very low airflow compared to the middle.