2024 A/C Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flyitaway

Reaction score
Update* I experienced the issue 10 minutes away for the dealership I have the appointment with. I Called ahead and asked if there was anything that could be done that day since the issue was currently happening. They said I could bring it by and have a service manager look at it and add it to my ticket as evidence. I arrived and met the service manager and a technician who immediately opened my hood and saw that my A/C condenser lines were frozen over. The service technician and manager had seen this before and knew a TSB had been issued. The tech got his laptop and updated the HVAC module in about 5 minutes. So far I have had no issues with my A/C and will keep y’all posted if it comes back. I haven’t noticed any change in the quality of the A/C besides maybe it not getting quite as cold.

Was your problem with the blower fan not turning on at all? Or just no air flow at start up?

WestTexasRap

Reaction score
The AC in mine works great. I leave it on around 70° and if you are in the truck more than 15-20 min it will freeze you out. Also, my seats are much quieter than my brothers '22 Tremor and dads '20 SD. Seems like they changed some stuff up mid cycle on the trucks because another thing I see on the forum is the corroding on the shock solenoids, but mine have a black cover over them that I have not seen before on the forum. Glad you got the problem resolved.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to the dealer today with an AC problem, not blowing cold/not blowing. My dealer said all the 2024 models have faulty compressors. So if you haven't had the issue get ready. Lucky they just got off of back order.
no airflow has absolutely nothing to do with the compressor, no airflow is a frozen coil ,which is a progamming issue / sensor issue. saying an airflow issue is compressor related tells me u know nothing about hvac,combined with the all compreesors on 2024 r bad is not possible.and before u say im clueless ,im closing in on 30 years as an hvac tech

Last edited:

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
no airflow has absolutely nothing to do with the compressor, no airflow is a frozen coil ,which is a progamming issue / sensor issue. saying an airflow issue is compressor related tells me u know nothing about hvac,combined with the all compreesors on 2024 r bad is not possible.and before u say im clueless ,im closing in on 30 years as an hvac tech
Absolutely correct, the compressor only compresses the coolant. No air flow is an entirely different problem. IE, bad fan motor, fuse, plugged air filter etc…

Subaruski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
another thing I see on the forum is the corroding on the shock solenoids, but mine have a black cover over them that I have not seen before on the forum. Glad you got the problem resolved.

First I've heard of this. Can you post pics here?

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First I've heard of this. Can you post pics here?
What’s this have to do with AC issues?