3.8L whipple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slow3

Reaction score
Been looking online of people that have put a 3.8 on the truck and the numbers are impressive but I haven’t seen any driving footage 1/4mile draggy etc have a 25 on order and wanna start ordering parts

icecoldak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im thinking an extra 250+ to the wheels will be very impressive for 0-60 and 1/4 mile times!!!!

marcjuae

Reaction score
Im considering this also -... is it as 'plug and play' as commented in the video?

no fuel pump rails injectors cooling upgrade, etc?

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you run the out of the box tune- that is correct. The OEM fuel system can keep up.

Cooling could be significatly worse, or exaclty the same- depending on when, what and how. When during the year, what you are doing, and how you are dirving it.

The cooling system is not desinged for the extra 250 HP. It's probably borderline at stock levels on hot days. Since you live in the UAE, I'd highly recommend NOT adding an extra 250 HP to a system not designed for it.

RRangus

Reaction score
I actually just installed this kit last weekend in my 2024 R. For the most part it is "Plug and Play". When you install the kit you need to cut 2 of the factory supercharger coolant lines and extend/reroute them. I would say that is probably the only thing that is not "Plug and Play" but Whipple support is awesome and they respond to emails with actual pictures to help on every little thing. Their customer support is 10/10. The install took me about 6-8 hours but I really took my time and this is the first mechanic thing I have done other than a CAI or Exhaust mod on a vehicle.

marcjuae

Reaction score
If you run the out of the box tune- that is correct. The OEM fuel system can keep up.

Cooling could be significatly worse, or exaclty the same- depending on when, what and how. When during the year, what you are doing, and how you are dirving it.

The cooling system is not desinged for the extra 250 HP. It's probably borderline at stock levels on hot days. Since you live in the UAE, I'd highly recommend NOT adding an extra 250 HP to a system not designed for it.
Thanks for the feedback, appreciate that , probably agree.

Thanks also to the other comments as well.

marcjuae

Reaction score
I actually just installed this kit last weekend in my 2024 R. For the most part it is "Plug and Play". When you install the kit you need to cut 2 of the factory supercharger coolant lines and extend/reroute them. I would say that is probably the only thing that is not "Plug and Play" but Whipple support is awesome and they respond to emails with actual pictures to help on every little thing. Their customer support is 10/10. The install took me about 6-8 hours but I really took my time and this is the first mechanic thing I have done other than a CAI or Exhaust mod on a vehicle.
Awesome, look forward to see more feedback, will also check your other thread - will be interesting to see how it goes!