Who is still waiting for a VIN?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dealer called today and asked if I wanted a build date or Carbon Fiber.

I dropped Carbon Finer in hopes of not getting passed over again.

Apparently they have an allocation coming up for a build date and I was in danger of getting skipped over if I kept the CF package.

I caved in to the desire of not getting skipped.

Dredlin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer called today and asked if I wanted a build date or Carbon Fiber.

I dropped Carbon Finer in hopes of not getting passed over again.

Apparently they have an allocation coming up for a build date and I was in danger of getting skipped over if I kept the CF package.

I caved in to the desire of not getting skipped.

Makes me wonder where your dealer is getting his information about the cf. I read on the forums that getting the cf doesn't matter when your order is pulled or when it will be built. When I ordered my truck 9-14-16 the dealer said that the cf was not available and or had a hold on it.

Pic18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Dealer called me Monday and stated that two people in front of me are holding out for CF package so I have now moved up in line. Hoping I am next to get pulled and at least get a VIN even if build/delivery is still a few months out.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Makes me wonder where your dealer is getting his information about the cf. I read on the forums that getting the cf doesn't matter when your order is pulled or when it will be built. When I ordered my truck 9-14-16 the dealer said that the cf was not available and or had a hold on it.

I've known all along it was constrained and they were up front with me about the status.

It wasn't until I was about to be passed over that they told me I should decide to keep or hold out and be passed over.

cmarko

Reaction score
Ordered July 25 in Montana. 10 weeks of the same update from the friendly Ford Service FB staff, "waiting for build date and vin." I'm beyond frustrated with the lack of information and seeing trucks ordered weeks after mine and with the same options scheduled or built already.

I had been thinking that it was geographical because most of the builds and ETA's were for orders in the East or Midwest but now I am seeing delivery dates in CA as well. The CF issue is nonsense in my mind, there are trucks built and scheduled with CF and no material holds as per Ford Service. I don't know if Ford is just trying to **** me off or what but I am thinking about alternatives right now.