Who is still waiting for a VIN?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shooter10x

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered on July 20th and still have not been scheduled. I am #3 out of 6 at my dealer. I have been getting increasingly pissed about watching everyone get build dates. I guess I'll just drive my F350 for the winter and see my Raptor in the spring at this point.

Copp5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
messaged ford service last thurs. after waiting all day for a response I texted my dealer and he said "no updates yet, i know your order was pulled but Ford hasn't given me an eta yet"... then finally that night ford service messaged me back saying still in order processing... so idk what to believe, if i'm still indefinitely waiting, or if i'm actually getting closer.

dmercer3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I must be idiotic even keeping up with these threads. I'm #6 at my dealer and ordered October 13th... I'm probably looking at June lol

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
messaged ford service last thurs. after waiting all day for a response I texted my dealer and he said "no updates yet, i know your order was pulled but Ford hasn't given me an eta yet"... then finally that night ford service messaged me back saying still in order processing... so idk what to believe, if i'm still indefinitely waiting, or if i'm actually getting closer.

Your dealer will have a Vin when your order is pulled by Ford. Ford Service is pretty accurate.

OP
OP
C

Czoudon

Reaction score
For what its worth, my dealer text me today and told me that I still dont have VIN yet and that there have only been 88 total VIN's handed out so far.

Based on the video at the Dearborn plant, that seems unlikely unless that stash of Raptors includes dealer inventory which probably take priority over special orders.

Pic18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I put a deposit down in July and my order was submitted in early August. I was told I was #5 in line, but was never given a clear answer on the number of allocations the dealer had. Still no Vin.

I went on the Rouge plant tour this weekend and saw raptors being built, but it had to be less than 10% (complete rough estimate) of the trucks being built for the day (at least in the hour or so I was there). Using that rough calculation they maybe build 100 raptors a day (I think they stated 1400 total trucks for a day). So at full production they could make maybe 2500 raptors a month? Sounds like a lot, but when you figure there are over 3000 ford dealerships just in the U.S. it would take more than a month to give each dealership just one.

Long story short, although I would like it yesterday, I am not holding my breath until spring.

HunyaKitti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered the second week of October and was the second of five allocations (priority 11) at a mid-sized dealership that is part of a large regional chain. No VIN yet.

Set at $3800 over MSRP, but that may go away since I found another dealer with an unused allocation offering at MSRP. It only took about 50 tries down a list of dealerships from cars.com...

I definitely would not have agreed to $3800 over MSRP if the dealer didn't tell me that I was going to be in the first run, but I am not locked into the deal and did not have to put a deposit down...

[EDIT] Cancelled my order from the first dealership because they refused to go to MSRP and I did not get a VIN. Now ordering with a small dealership a few hours away at MSRP and will sit and wait.

Last edited: