Who is still waiting for a VIN?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wolff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered 2nd week of October. Im not expecting a VIN until January. Priority 10

OneBadSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered 2nd week of October. Im not expecting a VIN until January. Priority 10

Similar order date on mine. I have it in my head that I would be lucky to see it in March, if not April timeframe.

2017svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered Team Ford in Vegas on 7-26 Got my Dora 8-1 All i get out of Ford Service is Nothing this week, Check back next week. This has been very frustrating from the beginning and its not getting any better. My worst car buying experience ever!
All Ford has to do is say its going to be built February 15? or whatever, just knowing what is going on would make this so much better! I'm looking into other trucks to buy now but so far I don't like any.

Exactly!! I know new things can take extra time and better to get it right before sending them out.
But when you get nothing for info and more info from social media "******** or not" i think something is wrong and don't want to deal with it.
My experience is the buying is easy but if they are doing this right off the get go it only gets worse if any problems.
This was my first experience with SVT and will leave it at that.
I use my trucks for work and not some toy to sit a polish and say oh look at me I own a Raptor !!
Good luck [emoji256]to all that ordered.

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered around 8/19/2016. In Order Processing and awaiting scheduling action. Priority 13 number 4 on dealers list of 9 allocated.

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same as above...ordered 8-16, priority 13, and was originally told I was third in line of three allocations. Then just two weeks ago the dealer tells me that I'm 4th! The guy who was supposedly 2nd is also on this forum, and was very surprised as well as they are now telling him he's 3rd! Frustrating re this process to say the least. Guys whining that ordered in sept/oct - also funny to me. The reality is this process is BS. It should be first come first serve re consumers - not dealers, or anything to do with a dealer...you order on a said day, you get in the MAIN LINE...not some lets play favorites line that Ford messes with based on their algorithmic whim. So frustrating and unfair.

Potterine

Reaction score
Well this thread is @#$%%^ depressing. I'm in touch with reality now though. I guess I was late to the game ordering 8/27, with a $2,000 deposit and essentially a pre-trade of my 2015 GMC 2500 as they asked me to severely limit miles on it. I'm second in line, they claim, and priority 19. As of today, no updates, no VIN, no nothing. Difficult to even get my calls returned, from a dealer I'd prefer not to name. Did Ford open the order books prematurely? This is not how honest folk do business. It's unfair to ask dealerships, and sales staff working on commission, to sell a product that doesn't exist.

Even if I took delivery this calendar year, I'd harbor bad feelings. And imagine when the vehicle doesn't run perfectly or the inexperience of service staff rears it's head with all this new tech.

No harm in reordering next year from a different dealer. Or maybe a different product will catch my eye. I doubt it though, the Raptor tech is fabulously seductive. Or rather, would be.

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still waiting for scheduling. Ordered a 802a screw July 21st. One month later I refered someone looking for an msrp deal to this dealer. I was first allocation and priority 10. The one that I refered to the dealer got scheduled a month ago, his is a SCAB. I'm still waiting.
My GT350R came tho!

Bottom line, all products ever on the face of the earth should be given to first come first serve. In order of placement. Any GOOD business lives by these guidelines. Well.... Ford pissed me off with this deal. I don't give a shit about this dealer has 20 allocations BS. If the retail sold unit was ordered before mine, so be it, I'll wait my turn, but when some dude walks thru the door and orders and a couple weeks later is scheduled and it's the same damn build as mine. That just makes me shake my head at the way they schedule. I hope Ford loses customers from it.
About the only good thing about it is, I'm sure there will be some component revised soon. Maybe I'll get a bit better quality after the first batch of guys throw enough fits about quality haha

Attachments

• 20161101_181925.jpg
    20161101_181925.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Wolff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still waiting for scheduling. Ordered a 802a screw July 21st. One month later I refered someone looking for an msrp deal to this dealer. I was first allocation and priority 10. The one that I refered to the dealer got scheduled a month ago, his is a SCAB. I'm still waiting.
My GT350R came tho!

Bottom line, all products ever on the face of the earth should be given to first come first serve. In order of placement. Any GOOD business lives by these guidelines. Well.... Ford pissed me off with this deal. I don't give a shit about this dealer has 20 allocations BS. If the retail sold unit was ordered before mine, so be it, I'll wait my turn, but when some dude walks thru the door and orders and a couple weeks later is scheduled and it's the same damn build as mine. That just makes me shake my head at the way they schedule. I hope Ford loses customers from it.
About the only good thing about it is, I'm sure there will be some component revised soon. Maybe I'll get a bit better quality after the first batch of guys throw enough fits about quality haha

Congrats on the R. I have 2016 Chassis #GR419. Absolutely amazing car. I'll be putting mine away in 2 weeks for the winter :(

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My GT350R came tho!

Well said. Also nice pic of the R. This is step 1 of social media dominance..a little more bling, some trackday shots with a bikini team and bubbly, you're almost in that GT :pepper::chewie: