Who is still waiting for a VIN?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mahabali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
#2 Allocation here 7-28 pre-order, SCREW with Carbon Fiber, my dealer said 2 of his allocations after me have VINs and neither of those have CF... He tells me that "Per Ford" CF is on hold... Ford Service tells me there is no CF hold.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I can't imagine your truck is very far away from getting scheduled. Each region gets different allocation numbers but 2nd out of 5 you should get scheduled soon. I don't know if the current "upfit" situation has caused any changes in Fords scheduling plan but if it did that may have delayed things a bit.

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

#2 Allocation here 7-28 pre-order, SCREW with Carbon Fiber, my dealer said 2 of his allocations after me have VINs and neither of those have CF... He tells me that "Per Ford" CF is on hold... Ford Service tells me there is no CF hold.

Our 4th order out of 4 has the CF package. My rep had called me and said that it may delay getting scheduled but they were trying to make sure they were able to fill all of the retail carbon fiber option orders. She said if the customer wanted to pull the option he would be able to get his truck sooner. That customer didn't want his truck until early summer so he opted to stay with the CF package for now. Our first 2 units are built and our 3rd and 4th have not been pulled for scheduling yet.

cmarko

Reaction score
I can't imagine your truck is very far away from getting scheduled. Each region gets different allocation numbers but 2nd out of 5 you should get scheduled soon. I don't know if the current "upfit" situation has caused any changes in Fords scheduling plan but if it did that may have delayed things a bit.

I hope so!!

I have heard some pretty impressive number for production rates. DO you have any verification of how many trucks they produce a day? Wonder how many outstanding orders there are..... look at me trying another way to figure out what the hell is going on and what Ford wont tell us....lol

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hope so!!

I have heard some pretty impressive number for production rates. DO you have any verification of how many trucks they produce a day? Wonder how many outstanding orders there are..... look at me trying another way to figure out what the hell is going on and what Ford wont tell us....lol

I saw some info posted here about production rates but I don't remember what it was.

There really isn't any simple way of guestimating when your truck will get scheduled.

I don't think Ford has released any production numbers for the 17' Raptors. They handed out allocation at the beginning of the year and told us that was all that would be available. So they obviously know the number they planned to build.

Ford pretty much keeps the dealers in the dark about delays and production line problems. They just don't want the word to get out about what goes on with things like that. First off the media will have a field day being able to report a problem that a manufacturer has plus each customer will scrutinize the hell out of any know repair upfit they know of.

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
#2 order chi suburb, order received by ford 8/16, still nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hang in there. Mine was also entered 8-16 and i just got scheduled yesterday. Scab. #4 at my dealer.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score

The exact same scenario happened with me. I had the 1st order and it got leap frogged by the two orders behind me as I wouldn't remove CF. I finally did two weeks ago and my order was pulled for scheduling.