What does "Turbo not making charge" message mean?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

stewart7795

Reaction score
I did a little more research and it looks like Ford has seen this problem, the trucks come with a vacuum operated wastegate and they have an updated wastgate that will now be controlled electronically via the PCM. So that will require an update as well.

I wonder why they are telling me there is no problem. Are you saying my truck came with a vacuum operated wastegate and they need to update or did it come electronically controlled?

Reaction score
I wonder why they are telling me there is no problem. Are you saying my truck came with a vacuum operated wastegate and they need to update or did it come electronically controlled?

I cant speak for all trucks, depending on assembly dates/locations, I don't if they all came with the same wastegate or not. The truck we are working on was vacuum originally. Codes present are: P0244:00-A8- (PCM) - Turbo/Super
Charger Wastegate Solenoid A Range/Performance and
P25B4:00-A8- (PCM) - Turbocharger/Supercharger Wastegate A
Stuck Closed

OP
OP
S

stewart7795

Reaction score
I cant speak for all trucks, depending on assembly dates/locations, I don't if they all came with the same wastegate or not. The truck we are working on was vacuum originally. Codes present are: P0244:00-A8- (PCM) - Turbo/Super
Charger Wastegate Solenoid A Range/Performance and
P25B4:00-A8- (PCM) - Turbocharger/Supercharger Wastegate A
Stuck Closed

Thanks a ton. My dealer just texted and said there are no pending codes stored. They are going to drive it hard at lunch, check it again, and then have me come get it if no problem presents itself. Baffling.

OP
OP
S

stewart7795

Reaction score
Update: Truck checked out fine after some hard driving by the dealer yesterday morning, afternoon and again this morning. They told me I'm good to go. I'll post back when the warning light shows up on my drive back!

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
. I'll post back when the warning light shows up on my drive back!

So true. Get used to hearing/reading these three words- "could not duplicate". Ford shortens it to CND to save time- writing CND instead of could not duplicate 100 times a day could save them a few minutes. A few minutes that they can use to write CND on other work orders as well.

baja714

Reaction score
Update: Truck checked out fine after some hard driving by the dealer yesterday morning, afternoon and again this morning. They told me I'm good to go. I'll post back when the warning light shows up on my drive back!

sounds like the dealer just wanted to have some fun with your truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk