What does "Turbo not making charge" message mean?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

stewart7795

Reaction score
It means call your local Ford dealer's service department. Let us know what becomes of it.
I did yesterday. They said they will check it out first thing Monday. I was just soliciting opinions in the meantime. Thanks to those who responded in a meaningful way. I will report back what the dealer finds.

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad we could help in your time of need.

I hear the making charge fee is in rubles, so may want to head to the currency exchange while you wait.

By the way, we're just trying to make you smile, and laugh maybe (during an otherwise ****** moment).

Last edited:

max_Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did yesterday. They said they will check it out first thing Monday. I was just soliciting opinions in the meantime. Thanks to those who responded in a meaningful way. I will report back what the dealer finds.

Could be an electric wastegate issue or one of hoses downstream of the turbo got loose

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It means call your local Ford dealer's service department. Let us know what becomes of it.

+1, use your warranty. Sorry for your troubles, but I would hope a quick fix. Please reply with what the problem was.

Edit: If your mechanically inclined/curious/rushed you can pull the shield behind the front bumper and check to see that the quick disconnect didn't come loose on the bypass valve. Also check to make sure the electrical connection to the bypass valve and your CAC ducts are secure while you are there.

Attachments

• Bypass quick disconnect.gif
    Bypass quick disconnect.gif
    62.1 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

taoseno

Reaction score
I am a CPA who is mechanically inclined.............I know rare! NO truck yet though supposed to be here anyday; built on 02/11/17

baja714

Reaction score
I would check to make sure the intercooler pipes are connected properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL. I'm a CPA. Not a chance I know what I'm looking at.

Yes, best then to exercise the 3/36 warranty. A little research, your background and some stubby pencil math will determine the value of an extended warranty if you haven't already invested in one. Again, hope its a fast and long lasting solution with the error message.