What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
where did you buy these?
Mevotech MS408138

RockAuto ~$70 for the pair

They come pre greased but I gave them a couple shots with the grease gun to seal up the nipple.

Rattle is gone and suspension feels good. Not sure why oem ones go bad either water infiltration or lots of stress. Or they’re just crap.

Time will tell if these Mevotech are any good. Or they’re just a wear item. Every now and then they get a shot of grease.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what mileage you guys swapping the endlinks out?
Approaching 70k and i havent heard/felt anything

Also cleaned all three map/maf/m1lf w/e sensors and got a good bump back to my mpg
Was getting 20mpg goin 76 this am, was getting 17ish, building less boost for same throttle amount too

Sensors near airbox and throttle body looked ok, one in the back on the intake was kinda dirty, used a q tip to clean it with some maf cleaner

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
what mileage you guys swapping the endlinks out?
Approaching 70k and i havent heard/felt anything
Honestly usually, in other vehicles, they pretty much last almost forever. For some reason, the OEM ones suck donkey dung and just start to randomly make noise. If yours are quiet, I see no need to replace.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I mean, I’ve had a bad wheel bearing and bad end links at around 30k miles. These are parts that generally last hundreds of thousands of miles. Luckily they aren’t expensive or hard to replace.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I mean, I’ve had a bad wheel bearing and bad end links at around 30k miles. These are parts that generally last hundreds of thousands of miles. Luckily they aren’t expensive or hard to replace.

sway bar end links seem to fail quickly since they got away from the bushing with washer style..

the plastic lined ball joint style just dont last..

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems that the 90* ball joint fails. The plastic end cap doesn’t help.

I took the dust boot offf the Mevotechs and they seem to be metal.

that would be better, but also could be noisy down the road, but probably less noisy that the OEM ones that have 1/4" of play in them...

I ordered a set of those today..

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
that would be better, but also could be noisy down the road, but probably less noisy that the OEM ones that have 1/4" of play in them...

I ordered a set of those today..
I took the Mevotechs for a longer drive thru country roads. Nice and solid.

Front seems to be flatter and more stable. The best part is no rattle below your feet.

Time will tell how they hold up.