Upgraded trans cooler from Fordparts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doktor

Reaction score
What's the difference between the one from Superior Solutions and this one?

You got me. The Superior Solutions part is a machined unit with no moving parts. It allows full flow at startup. This is nice in a few ways on top of maximum cooling, the first one is you can check your fluid level at first startup because fluid is flowing to all parts. With the factory thermo, you aren't supposed to check until the until fully opens around 200 degrees. That will take a long time idling in your driveway.

The picture you are showing looks just like the factory unit I replaced. Maybe the one you've pictured has a lower opening temp?

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You got me. The Superior Solutions part is a machined unit with no moving parts. It allows full flow at startup. This is nice in a few ways on top of maximum cooling, the first one is you can check your fluid level at first startup because fluid is flowing to all parts. With the factory thermo, you aren't supposed to check until the until fully opens around 200 degrees. That will take a long time idling in your driveway.

The picture you are showing looks just like the factory unit I replaced. Maybe the one you've pictured has a lower opening temp?

I really am not sure either why they would look so much different, or what the difference between them is.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that the ECM limits torque until the trans reaches a certain temperature. So, if it never gets there with the thermostat mod it might drive a little different.
R,
HAP