Cut wires. What to do...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking about buying a used wiring harness and cutting off the connectors and just wiring them together. Is this what you mean?
If you can only find a damaged harness then yes do this. If you can find a while harness then do the whole thing

sc85fiero

Reaction score
That is an AAB or A2B audio bus cable, Ford calls it a coax cable but its more of a data cable. They do sell the cable seperately, its in 2 pieces and goes from the ACM in the instrument panel to an inline connector under the center console, and then from there back to the DSP (amplifier). You can simply buy the rear section of the coax cable and overlay it.

-Joe

edit: the base part number is 14D202 if you see your local Ford dealer with your VIN they can get you the correct part for your truck

another edit: the instrument cluster and the DSP both communicate on the HS3CAN network so it makes sense that your issue could be there. The DSP is in line before the IC on that network so if the CANBUS is open at that point then everything after the open wouldn't be able to communicate.

Last edited:

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I agree. I was more thinking to use it for diagnosis purpose. I'm hesitant to pay $6k and maybe when its all hooked up it leads me to find multiple other major things that are messed up.
Understood. I have some questions for you. I 100% do not want to come across as rude. These questions are questions out of curiosity.

So if it in deed needs more repairs what are you going to do?

To me from the outside looking in, you are pregnant, meaning you own it, what other choice do you have but to fix it.

Can you bale on the truck and recoup your money? You are dealing with a Raptor and not a Toyota Camry. Meaning even though I see Raptors quite often I still see about 1000 f150's for every Raptor.

Last edited: