What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the JDS tie down rings I picked up a couple weeks ago.

i-rcTkVNL-X4.jpg

Removed all 6 bed bolts to clean and lube them since I was in there, but only put tie downs on the middle two, and the two rear-most bolts since that's where I’d almost always be strapping stuff down.

i-bwqVB4c-X4.jpg

These will be very useful on the 2K+ mile road trip to CA I have coming up to have some fabrication work done for the rear suspension, and then up the left coast to visit some friends in WA State, then home by way of the Willamette Valley in OR where my wife will fly in to join me for an Anniversary getaway for a couple days, before heading back to Tejas.

Only had one of the washers stick to the bed, but it popped right off with a flat-head screwdriver inserted into the center/hole and gently prying up.

i-mHr66vT-X4.jpg

vk35

Reaction score
Nice! Looking to do mine soon, quick question when you did the paint correction and ceramic did you tape off the graphics or ceramic right over?
I actually didn’t have any graphics on mine but if I did, I would tape of the graphics to make sure the polisher doesn’t ruin the graphics. If you are careful, you could polish close to the graphics but not near the edges or on top of the graphics. I highly recommend taping all the plastic pieces since they are prone to getting discolored or white if any of the compound touches it and dries.

Depending on the ceramic coating, you could apply the ceramic coating on top of graphics for the most part. I recommend to check with the ceramic coating MFG to make sure.

mbarrios213

Reaction score
I actually didn’t have any graphics on mine but if I did, I would tape of the graphics to make sure the polisher doesn’t ruin the graphics. If you are careful, you could polish close to the graphics but not near the edges or on top of the graphics. I highly recommend taping all the plastic pieces since they are prone to getting discolored or white if any of the compound touches it and dries.

Depending on the ceramic coating, you could apply the ceramic coating on top of graphics for the most part. I recommend to check with the ceramic coating MFG to make sure.
Thanks for the advice!

SCAR911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally completed front and rear diff fluid change. Also swapped out transfer case fluid on a new to me truck. Surprisingly the rear diff fluid was clean while the front and transfer case fluid was dark.

Painted my rear diff cover while I was at it.
View attachment 464321
I can smell this picture