What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

julien194b

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thing rides like a Towncar compared to my Gen 2 Supercab.
New shocks + 4 links kit is the main reason , otherwise I don't know why ? But if you have more explications and or want to give comparisons...
You will be missed by the poors in the Gen2 section
No, we wait (scab owners) for a scab gen3 that Ford will never produce... don't want to drive a school bus :Big Laugh:

Reaction score
Still getting acquainted with the new toy. So far I've just changed the engine oil which did help quiet the cam phasers, installed the cooler newer gen 2 style engine cover since mine didn't have one when I bought it a few weeks ago for some reason. I did use forscan to reset the adaptive shift tables since it downshifts hard into 4the and 3rd, called a dealer to see if its had the computer update and it hasn't. Also updated Sync 3 from 2.2 all the way to the newest 3.4.

Dad approves of it.
PXL_20240811_185051635.jpg

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still getting acquainted with the new toy. So far I've just changed the engine oil which did help quiet the cam phasers, installed the cooler newer gen 2 style engine cover since mine didn't have one when I bought it a few weeks ago for some reason. I did use forscan to reset the adaptive shift tables since it downshifts hard into 4the and 3rd, called a dealer to see if its had the computer update and it hasn't. Also updated Sync 3 from 2.2 all the way to the newest 3.4.

Dad approves of it.
View attachment 463227
Nice color too...

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
This
Finally caved and picked up a Carbonized Gray Gen 3 with a moonroof after scouring the internet to find a Shelter Green with no moonroof. 3rd world problems. Needless to say I’m extremely happy. This thing rides like a Towncar compared to my Gen 2 Supercab.
View attachment 463129
I thought if I ever, AG would be my choice but this color growing on me since everyone seems to be getting AG these days. My local dealer has one like yours (congrats by the way). Looks awesome and really pops in the sun. Graphics work well with this color as well. Nice, enjoy!

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Finally retired the stock K02's. I got 38K and could've pushed for a couple thousand miles more easily but they were becoming loud. Not bad, not sure if I would buy them again. They started to chunk in some areas. So I put a set of Falken AT3's. So far I like them and they are noticeably quieter for obvious reasons. Let's how it goes, I've heard nothing but good things.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    297.9 KB · Views: 39

julien194b

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally retired the stock K02's. I got 38K and could've pushed for a couple thousand miles more easily but they were becoming loud. Not bad, not sure if I would buy them again. They started to chunk in some areas. So I put a set of Falken AT3's. So far I like them and they are noticeably quieter for obvious reasons. Let's how it goes, I've heard nothing but good things.
Agree whith your point of view about KO2's,let's not forget it's still a trust tyre on dry and hard offroad surface , solid ! Give us a feeback in few times with these Falken !

Last edited:

localbrew

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed my poor mans spare tire tie downs, it works, not elegant but meh.

sparetire.jpg

@OEMPlus Raptor I just got a new set of K02's from the dealership, I was having the same issue as you, loud, some cupping, etc. Please let us know how the Falkens work for you, that might be my next purchase when these are done.