GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
Has anyone heard whether they have sorted out the issues with the carbon fiber package. My dealer suggested I remove 2 weeks ago after being passed over by 2 other allocations that didn't have it. Still not pulled yet. Order date 8/11 priority 10.

I pulled the CF pkg from my order two weeks ago and it just got scheduled for Jan 16th. Not sure if it had anything to do with my order being scheduled or not as I initially ordered back in late July.

Miker397

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spoke to the dealer today. They said this:

They had the same sort of issues with the GT350 since they're a variant of the normal vehicle. There are paint delays (among other parts delays). In order to build these, they have to retool the line in certain ways since they're different, which causes these delays.

-----------
So, I have no other information than what they told me as I described above.

Also--UAW runs the trucking, and they shut down for 3 weeks at the end of the year, so even if your truck is being built mid December, it has to wait for trucks which won't be running.

My build date is first week of January, any delays, in reality, won't affect me.

Other allocation at my dealership doesn't have a vin or build date yet and he ordered before me.
Sounds like a load of crap. They are basically saying these delays are to be expected. If the delay is expected then they should use that information when estimating when raptors will be delivered/available. They did say fall 2016 before, then late fall, then late 2016 IIRC. It's Dec 2nd today and nothing has shipped, and worse, people who have ordered months ago still don't even have a build date (myself included).

I'd be less pissed if there was some official communication from Ford past the facebook message.

iumbastu

Reaction score
So I was checking status on my order and I'm still 'unscheduled clean.' Sigh. My dealer does have a unit that has been produced and I have that VIN. When I inquired on the status of that Raptor I was told,

"This vehicle has been produced and is awaiting shipment. We don't know when they will ship, but Truck team says they may have good news soon"

So perhaps there's good holiday news for all of you who have been patiently waiting for the last few months. I know this isn't much to go on, but felt it was worth sharing.

I wish you guys the best of luck and hope my truck changes status prior to the end of January. if not, I'll have to rethink my order and maybe start modifying my 2014 Raptor (loaded SC with 13K miles in Tuxedo Black.)

pokecase

Reaction score
I pulled the CF pkg from my order two weeks ago and it just got scheduled for Jan 16th. Not sure if it had anything to do with my order being scheduled or not as I initially ordered back in late July.

Mine has the carbon fiber package, ordered on 08/31. Received a VIN last week and now a Jan. 19th E.T.A.

Chasttd

Reaction score
Email from dealer

StatusETA
Order NoBody CodeVINVehicle LinePrimarySecondaryVehicle LocationStatus Date / TimeStart DateEnd DateETA Disposition
-150In Order ProcessingScheduled to Week (Week -of Dec-12-2016 )Ford Dearborn Assembly, MINov-17-2016Jan-06-2017Jan-12-2017

Can anyone tell me what I'm looking at?

They said it would be ready January

Last edited:

iumbastu

Reaction score
Question for you seasoned waitlist veterans. I received this from my dealer today when I inquired on my order status. Can you help me decode this or provide any advice on follow up questions?

As of today, we don't have a confirmed dora for your order. We don't expect to receive this until , the end of the month or early next month. We did submit the order and we do have it in our allocation. Please let us know if there are any other questions.

Thoughts/advice?

pillowsoft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just went to the local ford dealership and they told me they are sold out for the next 6 months I told them Id be willing to put 5k down and use a H2 Hummer as a trade in but the denied me due to allocations. They said check back in 6 months, ugh hurry up ford just make only Raptors for the next year I bet theyd sell them all.

I have some family is in phoenix, I asked them to check on the dealerships down there but I have a feeling I will have the same issue.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question for you seasoned waitlist veterans. I received this from my dealer today when I inquired on my order status. Can you help me decode this or provide any advice on follow up questions?

As of today, we don't have a confirmed dora for your order. We don't expect to receive this until , the end of the month or early next month. We did submit the order and we do have it in our allocation. Please let us know if there are any other questions.

Thoughts/advice?

Not a real allocation, he's delaying you hoping they get more spaces unless he's given you a specific reason your order isn't getting pulled like keeping carbon fiber

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superiorplumbing