GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure looks like that picture was taken at a dealership. Damn, how I WISH it were taken at a dealership. That might imply that there were others making their way to dealerships around the country.
Alas, but it hurts to dream I guess.

That's an old photo of the preproduction Race Red at an event at Hixson Ford . Still none at a dealer that I know of. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZREA158OMSU

DROPOUT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure shadow black is the most popular color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This isn't too incredibly scientific and it likely won't hold up in court, with that said, here is a poll from soon to be new Raptor owners on FB on what color they ordered. Better than nothing! haha :biggrin:

I was wrong ~ Blue was #2, and Avalanche sold 3 to 1 over Shadow Black :biggrin:

XI1Uok3.jpg

Aaron313

Full Access Member
Reaction score

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure shadow black is the most popular color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard to say but I've seen more black Gen1's on the road than any color on a Raptor, by far. Could be coincidence but that has been my experience. YMMV.

DROPOUT

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The problem with this article and the online build tool is that:
A) These aren't real world orders
B) The default is Shadow black on the build tool itself ... When people are configuring pricing, many times, they just leave the color default.

At this point ~ I'd believe actual orders over a default shadow black build config :biggrin:

We'll probably have real world numbers come spring/summer of next year, but I'm about 90% sure Shadow Black won't be the overall winner.

Just my useless $.02 cents!