GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CalPirate

Reaction score
For the people posting estimated delivery dates, I'd like to see your message from Ford Service. Here's mine.
Hey, Joe! Your Raptor is currently in production. :) Check back with me next week, and I'll see it's ready to start the shipping process.
Mackenzie

This is from my sales person at the dealership.
"Hey Marc, good news. Your truck has started being built. They called this morning and said it will be here on the 20th this month!"

firsttimeford

Reaction score
That's all well and good but do you have an ETA from Ford Service? My salesman said I would have mine in August and he was delivering it himself to my house along with a 12 pack of beer.

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got this from a dealer I'm talking to

"Hi Ryan,

I just touched base with my Ford manager. Right now we have five orders that are pending for Raptors. What he explained to me is that the order banks are going to open up at the end of next month. Ford is not given us a certain amount of allocations per se. What they are going to do is filling the orders in order as they start production.
What we are doing is pricing the vehicles at $1,000.00 over invoice. Essentially what we are doing is collect deposits for the vehicles and running them once the order gets picked up. We can not guarantee anything right now but we can put you in line if you like. Let me know what your thoughts are and how you would like to proceed."

I thought order banks were open? Otherwise, how do folks already have build dates? Thoughts?

Order banks are open. Each dealer gets a certain amount of guaranteed allocations. Sounds like your dealer has sold those, and is 'lining up orders' hoping that their area ford rep will give them more allocations (which happens each month based on some formula or decision). My dealer originally told me I was 3/3 that they had and since then have been given more allocations and have sold/entered 8. Good luck, sounds like a great price, can't hurt to get in line if your deposit is refundable in the event they dont get an allocation..

Scrappy Doo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Number 1 of 6 allocations. Ordered August 5th I think. Built yesterday. mesaged ford service to see if ETA yet.

Train to MN then truck from there to dealer.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the people posting estimated delivery dates, I'd like to see your message from Ford Service. Here's mine.
Hey, Joe! Your Raptor is currently in production. :) Check back with me next week, and I'll see it's ready to start the shipping process.
Mackenzie

This was my last Ford Service update.

Hey there,

Sure thing! Your Raptor is currently "In Production," although it's scheduled to build on the 13th (subject to change). The ETA updated to October 25th (also subject to change). Check back with us at the end of the week, and we'll take another peek!

Rachel

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

I have a build date and as of this morning, a window sticker.

How did you get the window sticker?

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was my last Ford Service update.

Hey there,

Sure thing! Your Raptor is currently "In Production," although it's scheduled to build on the 13th (subject to change). The ETA updated to October 25th (also subject to change). Check back with us at the end of the week, and we'll take another peek!

Rachel

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

How did you get the window sticker?

http://mcmahonford.com/Look-Up-Window-Sticker/

muddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good progress on builds for some of you. Congrats hang in there. Seeing these orders flow is good news in general of Fords pace picking up on these. Thanks for the updates.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ut oh. The VIN that Ford Service sent me matches a 2017 Super Duty. Sent message to Ford Service and will call dealer. So something wrong somewhere.

2SVT'S

Reaction score
Good day everyone,

Signed the buyers offer for my 2nd Raptor today. Sold my 2013 before moving overseas for 3 years so I'm definitely excited to get back into one next summer. Using Military Auto Source (MAS) as I did for the first truck and couldn’t be more pleased. This time around however they did a raffle because they have only been allocated 31. Was lucky enough to get drawn and only required a 3K deposit, well worth it considering I'm 5% below MSRP. Ordered the S-Crew in black with 802A, twin panel roof and bed-liner. Anticipated build date of April and a delivery date of May 15th.

:biggrin:Here's to hoping the $12k price difference from previous truck is worth the hype!

impactbumper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good day everyone,

Signed the buyers offer for my 2nd Raptor today. Sold my 2013 before moving overseas for 3 years so I'm definitely excited to get back into one next summer. Using Military Auto Source (MAS) as I did for the first truck and couldn’t be more pleased. This time around however they did a raffle because they have only been allocated 31. Was lucky enough to get drawn and only required a 3K deposit, well worth it considering I'm 5% below MSRP. Ordered the S-Crew in black with 802A, twin panel roof and bed-liner. Anticipated build date of April and a delivery date of May 15th.

:biggrin:Here's to hoping the $12k price difference from previous truck is worth the hype!

DUDE That is like 8 months wait :D