GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big Order Bummer

So got it all straight today. Turns out my dealer placed two orders on 8/15 with one being my Raptor and one being for an F350. Ford Service has been giving me updates for the F350 even though I told them it was a Raptor. The F350 was built today....but my Raptor is Unscheduled Clean. A bit of a let down to go from "built today to unscheduled clean"....oh well not like end of the world.

But dealer also said that someone else ahead of me ordered almost my exact Raptor config and he was thinking of putting his purchase off a bit....so if he does then dealer will let me know.

Back to waiting!

Ut oh. The VIN that Ford Service sent me matches a 2017 Super Duty. Sent message to Ford Service and will call dealer. So something wrong somewhere.

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, looking to order the '17 Raptor in CA and all dealers charging $10k - $20k mark up. Saw some posts in this thread talking about out of (CA) state dealers ordering at MSRP and/or slightly above. Tried calling some dealers in Las Vegas, NV and they too are working their way down from $20k mark up.

Anyone point me in the direction of a dealer outside of CA that might have allocation and would deal at or around MSRP? Any info much appreciated. Thanks.

we all did a lot of research and made a bunch of calls to get those deals...I'd suggest you do the same on this forum..there are threads listing dealers who sell at msrp in this forum, as well as some selling under msrp - although that's more rare. Someone just posted yesterday about a dealer in CO that sold them a truck at a great price and had remaining allocations. Good luck, you'll find it if you look hard enough!

yellalab

Reaction score
SnipImage.JPG
Ordered Raptor on July 25th with a 19 Priority code, got the VIN a few weeks ago, got the window sticker last week. Was scheduled to be built 10/14 but was moved to 10/12. Still does not show up on COTUS. According to Ford Service FB page, my truck was built Wednesday the 12th and is in Dearborne waiting for a ride to its new home!!

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 80538
Ordered Raptor on July 25th with a 19 Priority code, got the VIN a few weeks ago, got the window sticker last week. Was scheduled to be built 10/14 but was moved to 10/12. Still does not show up on COTUS. According to Ford Service FB page, my truck was built Wednesday the 12th and is in Dearborne waiting for a ride to its new home!!

Dang.... CONGRATS!

FordFriend

Reaction score
I'm completely frustrated with my dealer in Rhode Island. They are supposed to be the 2nd largest Ford truck dealer in New England. So, that's why I chose to place my order with them on 8/3. I was told I was their 3rd order. After numerous phone calls and unanswered emails, I went to visit the dealer this morning. It sounds like they let 2-3 people jump over me in the order list and they said they don't know how many Raptors they are being allocated. That doesn't make any sense. I think the initial dealer allocations have been made, right? I'm extremely unhappy with the dealership. Is there a New England sales rep for Ford that I can speak with? Thanks - and congrats to the guys who have received build dates!

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is my issue I think.

Built on the 11th, no ETA to dealer yet.

Lesson learned, next time I'll just spray it when it gets here.

I'd read about the delay with spray in Ford liner before I ordered. That's why mine is going to Line-X