GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StrikerHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So we've been told that Dearborn runs 24 hours/day. Do we know if they run 5 days/week or do they push into the 6 or 7 days/week operations ?

We've also been told that an F-150 comes off the line every 3 minutes and that they're producing 5 Raptors per hour.

That's 120 Raptors per day and either...

600 Raptors per week @ 5 days/week
720 Raptors per week @ 6 days/week or
840 Raptors per week @ 7 days/week

I believe that Ford has also indicated that F-150's and Raptors will be produced at a second factory, to be brought online a month or so from now. Can we confirm that and do we have any idea of what their production rates and operating hours are ?

I think it crazy that they'd build even a single Raptor for export to China before at least filling the North American customer orders and providing 1 or more to every North American dealership that desired one.

Then again, what do you think the price markup is for the Chinese units ?

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats! Mind sharing where you are located and when you ordered?

Trying to put some sort of equation together on who is getting trucks and who isn't. I ordered 7/25 and still am unscheduled clean. Rep in my area is claiming that no trucks are being built or delivered yet but there are plenty of folks on here that contradict that.

Ordered 8/15. Avalanche, S-Crew, 802A, Twin Panel, CF Pkg, Forged, Tech Pkg, Heated Steering and 2nd Row. Have VIN. Build week 9/26 -> 10/10 -> Build Day 10/13. ETA to dealer 10/25. In Northern Virginia, but ordered from MD dealer where I bought mustang last year.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ordered 8/15. Avalanche, S-Crew, 802A, Twin Panel, CF Pkg, Forged, Tech Pkg, Heated Steering and 2nd Row. Have VIN. Build week 9/26 -> 10/10 -> Build Day 10/13. ETA to dealer 10/25. In Northern Virginia, but ordered from MD dealer where I bought mustang last year.

But wait, I thought CF wasn't available! :) Looks to me like first allocations are going to the coasts. Anyone anywhere near the Midwest get a VIN yet?

Order dates don't matter, as we've seen, its all about how they're filling their slots with dealers and allocations.

Last edited:

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you mean Tex-issippi, I think Tex-issippi would be high on the list, simply because of the volume and the importance of that market. I'm good with that too, I just hope to all that is holy Kali-Fornia is last on that list.

But what do I know? I'm basing this theory on anecdotal evidence and casual observation.

Last edited: