shocking shock discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I had not had my shocks stolen, I would still be running the stock set up. There are other things I want to do on the truck first. But if I have to buy new ones, I might as well upgrade. Same idea as Dubbs

OP
OP
Wilson

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm on mid perch but jumped the hill out back in bottom and it never bottomed out. I have know idea what the heck you guy's are hitting to bottom these truck's out but it must be some big ass bumps. I would have a hard time taking a example wash out or ditch at speed with any shock. maybe you guy's just need to go faster haha I think I'm just on way different terrine. Then again I realize I have an f150 and not a TT plus I can't afford to fix it. Have I drove 85+ mph across the field yep have I jumped it 3' in the air that's what the guy said would I like to get some 3.0 shocks darn right. I'll be drooling for a few years or more I'm sill amazed I bought the truck.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dude I agree with everything you said until you said you put whiskey in your coke. That's just not right. That just ruins the taste of whiskey. Points should be taken off your Man Card! Jeez....

Some people like Pepsi, some people like Coke.....I dont care which I get as long as I got some whiskey to put in it.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm on mid perch but jumped the hill out back in bottom and it never bottomed out. I have know idea what the heck you guy's are hitting to bottom these truck's out but it must be some big ass bumps. I would have a hard time taking a example wash out or ditch at speed with any shock. maybe you guy's just need to go faster haha I think I'm just on way different terrine. Then again I realize I have an f150 and not a TT plus I can't afford to fix it. Have I drove 85+ mph across the field yep have I jumped it 3' in the air that's what the guy said would I like to get some 3.0 shocks darn right. I'll be drooling for a few years or more I'm sill amazed I bought the truck.
I think you said it.... the terrain is definitely different. You sort of get desensitized to flying down desert trails at speeds above 50-60MPH... the occasional reminder to how fast you're going always jumps out in front of you, haha.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude I agree with everything you said until you said you put whiskey in your coke. That's just not right. That just ruins the taste of whiskey. Points should be taken off your Man Card! Jeez....

Scotch I drink straight, but whiskey I dont drink for the taste...there is a HUGE difference.

If you drink Jack Daniels or Jim Beam, you have ZERO argument here.

If you drink pilsner american corn beer, you also have ZERO argument.:shitsweak: If you arent drinking 5%+, your drinking water.

I drink Guinness and Stella for beer. I drink Vodka straight out of the bottle, Scotch (like Bruichladdich) on the rocks (not ice, frozen rocks), and if Im slumming it, I drink crown with either water or coke, but if you think that somehow hurts my manhood, you havent had drinks with me.

Im not an alcohol snob, but I make my own beer, wine from our vines, and spirits out of my own still....I KNOW my alcohol. I dont like being boxed into mass produced drinks. (Although J.W. Weller made a 19 yr old in 2001 that was the finest spirit I have ever had the pleasure of tasting, and now horde the only bottles I have been able to find, and Chivas Stone of Destiny has a 38 yr old that is quite nice I like to bring out and drink with friends.)

Hit me up at the next event- I will happily share.

I have just officially derailed this thread from a shock thread to a spirit thread- sorry

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I think you said it.... the terrain is definitely different. You sort of get desensitized to flying down desert trails at speeds above 50-60MPH... the occasional reminder to how fast you're going always jumps out in front of you, haha.

100% accurate. I tweaked my frame and blew a rear stock shock on a gravel bar in a wash that was maybe 6-8" tall. Doesn't sound like much but at 65-70 it was enough to donkey kick the back end.

OP
OP
Wilson

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One other thing I've been driving all the terrain I have for years at 4-6 mph back and forth 4 times a year. I guess I never thought of driving over unknown land at 60mph unless it's open and well seen. So that day time driving would be like me trying to drive with my windshield covered and only being able to look out the rear view mirror.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

100% accurate. I tweaked my frame and blew a rear stock shock on a gravel bar in a wash that was maybe 6-8" tall. Doesn't sound like much but at 65-70 it was enough to donkey kick the back end.

had to have been 1' wide is all and sharp drops to like a speed bump? + you must have already been G'd out at least some.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is a pointless discussion because HJ Baldwin says so:
"
Example...
#Fordraptor vs #trophytruck. Over rough terrain maximum speed in a raptor is about 15-20 mph. Over that same terrain a Trophy Truck can go about 110mph. For those of you that don't know wheel travel is one of the reasons why we can go so fast over rough terrain and jump so far while still having a very comfortable ride. Shockingly comfortable. There are many other ingredients but in this pic I wanted to show you what wheel travel is. #suspension @kingshocks"

was a supporter of hj baldwin, but he can suck my left nut and make my right one jealous!

-Greg (aka squatting dog)