shocking shock discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Oh Big Scott how I've missed you! Have you actually gotten behind the wheel of your Raptor lately or are you still talking shit from the passenger seat? Leave the big rig at home and let's go play in the dirt!

OP
OP
Wilson

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have yet to bottom out on my stock shocks and a witness told me I was at least 3' that's feet in the air. would I like some 3.0 you damm right I would hahaha

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yet to bottom out the stockers??? Man, it's so hard NOT to! It may not be all out jumps that do it, because at least you have full droop in that case. But on high speed trails, it's not hard to bottom out when you encounter the occasional surprise here and there.

Which perch you on, Wilson?

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Blue, I agree it isn't too hard to bottom them out, I can't count how many times I've done it.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll just keeping running my stock shocks till they break, and then worry about it...with the money I save, I can buy more drinks.:happy160:

I have a very reliable formula for this issue. ((Drive it like crazy) + (drink until) = your truck is comfortable.)

I think the simple fact to remember here is that even on stock shocks, this vehicle is pretty ****** epic, so whatever you upgrade to in the end, is just icing on the cake.

Through experience of doing many many track events I have made a revelation you should all consider- We arent racing, there is no trophy and no money for finish positions,:winner_second_h4h: and even with all the driving on the track I did in my GT500, when I sold it with 20k miles, maybe 2000 miles were track or performance driving miles. I came to the conclusion that upgrading the suspension was a stupid modification, because I gave up comfort 90% of my seat time for what? 3 or 4 irrelevant seconds off of a lap when the car was still fun as hell on the track stock? Your viewpoint may vary- SPRSNKs opinion DEFINITELY would, but I get so much satisfaction in driving a stock truck on that torture test we call TRR, and then pulling the trailer home and going to work Monday morning.:boobs:

Some people like Pepsi, some people like Coke.....I dont care which I get as long as I got some whiskey to put in it.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I totally agree that aftermarket shocks are NOT a "must have" for most owners... Not even close.

I went on about a dozen Raptor Expedition runs as participant early on, and later as organizer/chase support, with stock shocks. My shocks DID pay the price and were pretty much shot when I removed them... BUT, they performed remarkably well over that period, and I was still keeping up with the big dogs!

Biggest improvement overall, is the fact the truck doesn't sustain punishing, skid plate damaging, nose-dives when hitting a G-out at even low-medium speeds. If it wasn't for that, I was still very happy with my stock setup overall!

I will say, having the 3.0s does make you "feel" more invincible, thus speeding you up a little in all areas...