shocking shock discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hahaha... Won't be any sharks in the water. It's a discussion about shocks, tested on a dyno.

The only true test is on the dirt, and regardless of which shock you choose, they're all better than stock, with different characteristics and features. Just gotta go with what works best for YOU. I like the adjustability of the ICONs, and that's the biggest plus for me.

I'm sure the RPG 3.0's are great shocks too, haven't heard a single complaint about them!

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
In all honestly it comes down to the tuning of the shocks.

I come from a motocross background and I never had a bike that I didn't take the suspension off and take to a suspension tuner and have it setup for my weight, riding ability and type of terrain before the first ride.

Suspension setup is an art that I know very little about...that's what Corey is for!

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
doesnt the coil spring and the leafs in the back have a big part of the performance too? i dont know a ton about suspension but i have adjustable fox shocks on my polaris RZR S and it had linear springs on it. i changed over to dual rates and it made a huge difference. so the shocks do make a big difference but its not the only variable in the suspension equation...

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
Wilson, when I first got my Raptor I jumped it about a foot of air and it hit so hard I knew stock shocks were not enough.
Fox 3.0 are not enough shock for Hard, Extended balls to the wall driving. They are enough for most daily driver/mild off road use.

For you stock shocks are Perfect, as will be for 75 percent of owners.

No shat fest needed
One Vendor likes to PUSH the product They are selling for personal $ profits. I will have NOTHING to do with this certain vendor

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol, personally I'm going with Icons and I'll be honest I like the Idea of tunability, but the only reason I'm going with one over the other ( cause they both seem badass to me ) is because I got a great deal on some brand new Icons from a fellow member that won them and already had some. Even having chosen Icons I have NO personal bias and would gladly run either of them and just be happy that I had 3.0s.

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Catch this

Calm down boys and girls. It really isn't that important. :chillpill:

SO CATCH THIS SLINGIN and :****:
There are way better shocks out there than what we amateurs can put on our Raptors. King, Fox, Icon, Bilstein, custom Monroe. :shrug: OK maybe not Monroe but you get the idea.
So what difference does it really make what shock we put on. It goes with what your pocket book can afford, what retail store can talk you into and what you are really going to do with the truck. Or just what color you can get.
Bottom line is that there is plenty of bias to go around.
Mine is definitely RPG tuned Fox 3.0's.
WHY??
BECAUSE THEY WORK!!
for my truck and what I do with it.

Just like Jason at SDHQ swears the ICON is the chosen shock of the Messiah and is the best.

And Kings are pretty and a lot of Trophy Truck Teams use to use them.

Get real.
It just don't mean nothin.

:Rant:
Mil T
:joke:

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
It takes a little bit more than shock talk to hurt my feelers...I actually find it amusing. I hope Big Scott finds his way over here so we can provide some entertainment for the rest of the folks.

Right here.

I love the picture of the "Game changing Ross build" with the rear frame completly cut off. I heard it is at aother shop being done right.

How many driveshafts were wadded up ?

I think Corey is a Great guy, loving husband and father, and way too book and computer smart. I would spend hours talking with him if that opportinunity was presented. As far as to the way he runs his business, he and I talked about that. If he was the last raptor parts maker I would sell mine.