shocking shock discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juncle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So is there anyone here that has purchased fox, icon, or king 3.0's and hated them and switched?

I see an earlier post that there were a couple people at TRR that said they were going to switch but any first hand accounts that have done it? And why?

E63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove a propane tank all the way to town and back home with out it tipping over I'm absolutely amazed. try that in any other brand truck on the market!

I am trying to picture you driving a propane tank and an image of a dog ******* a pole comes to mind. What kind of engine you put in that tank?

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

This is kinda funny since this is what I heard from people that bought(Ill say the name)Fox shocks and weren't happy all with them. ITs crazy that some people want to upgrade their shocks to any of these badass shocks and go out and think they can now be walker evans with their still 99.9% stock Raptor... Unless you are doing it like you did or a few others on this forum have these will get the regular guy in way over his head before he knows it.

Next time you hear someone complain about the stock Fox 3.0, suggest they send them to RPG to have them serviced and re-valved to the style of driving that they will be doing. I have said it before... its night and day difference.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am trying to picture you driving a propane tank and an image of a dog ******* a pole comes to mind. What kind of engine you put in that tank?

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Next time you hear someone complain about the stock Fox 3.0, suggest they send them to RPG to have them serviced and re-valved to the style of driving that they will be doing. I have said it before... its night and day difference.

I will tell them to sell them and get a set of Icon's... ha ha ha

E63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right here.

I love the picture of the "Game changing Ross build" with the rear frame completly cut off. I heard it is at aother shop being done right.

How many driveshafts were wadded up ?

I think Corey is a Great guy, loving husband and father, and way too book and computer smart. I would spend hours talking with him if that opportinunity was presented. As far as to the way he runs his business, he and I talked about that. If he was the last raptor parts maker I would sell mine.

Can't blame RPG for the Chris Ross build. Chris Ross specified a great many aspects of the build, Corey tried to convince him in the beginning to 4 link it. The scope of work was a constantly moving target with a fixed deadline. RPG got caught up into it and worked their asses off. In the end they were proved right, Chris will tell you himself, notice he is not complaining, it was his mistake and he is having them fix it right this time.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
popcorn_tub.jpg

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wilson, when I first got my Raptor I jumped it about a foot of air and it hit so hard I knew stock shocks were not enough.
Fox 3.0 are not enough shock for Hard, Extended balls to the wall driving. They are enough for most daily driver/mild off road use.

For you stock shocks are Perfect, as will be for 75 percent of owners.

No shat fest needed
One Vendor likes to PUSH the product They are selling for personal $ profits. I will have NOTHING to do with this certain vendor

Dunno, I watched Rich clear the road at TRR, didn't see any of you other guys do that. Fox, icon or king. That was some kick ass driving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD