shocking shock discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
RESPECTFULLY DISAGREEING, We Don't take too kindly to respectfully disagreeing around these here parts! This is a shock discussion and wont be complete until someone gets shanked in the yard.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Being one of the people blowing the top of upper shock mounts off.. I am surprised it has not happened more. The metal of the tube is scary thin.. I truly believe this is caused by the aftermarket shocks. Not because the design of the shocks or more resistive force/pressure on the mounts. More like they give you ability to achieve a greater speed off road and in turn that generates a larger force.
With stock shocks at TRR I was lucky to hit 45mph without it being a white knuckle ride. This year with aftermarket shocks, my average speed was close to 40mph.
By going with aftermarket shocks you are moving point of failure from shocks, to the thin mounts..

The lower rear mounts are junk also, mine were tweaked and bent from impacts..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Being one of the people blowing the top of upper shock mounts off.. I am surprised it has not happened more. The metal of the tube is scary thin.. I truly believe this is caused by the aftermarket shocks. Not because the design of the shocks or more resistive force/pressure on the mounts. More like they give you ability to achieve a greater speed off road and in turn that generates a larger force.
With stock shocks at TRR I was lucky to hit 45mph without it being a white knuckle ride. This year with aftermarket shocks, my average speed was close to 40mph.
By going with aftermarket shocks you are moving point of failure from shocks, to the thin mounts..

The lower rear mounts are junk also, mine were tweaked and bent from impacts..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)
Always going to be a weak link somewhere. Was happy to see a quick fix for you Greg. Bet you get those mount gussets installed soon

TEXAS MOTORWORX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We run all three (RPG Fox, King and Icon) 3.0s on our three trucks. We have tested them very hard and they all preform well.

When a customer calls us and wants 3.0s, we run them through a long line of questioning so that we can get a good idea of which one is best for their application. Different strokes for different folks.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tday1103