Got my VIN and delivery date today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhillen50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope your right.. I'm just frustrated due to the fact that I ordered over a month ago and still no VIN. And I've talked to people on here that have ordered after me and they have VIN's already.

akaie15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Build date changed to 10/19 and still no window sticker yet.
Tone

I wonder if the stickers come as a batch each week based on the planned builds for the week.

I contacted ford social today -- I'm back to "week of Oct 17". A couple days ago it had changed to "in order processing". No specific date though.

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope your right.. I'm just frustrated due to the fact that I ordered over a month ago and still no VIN. And I've talked to people on here that have ordered after me and they have VIN's already.

I would/could only assume its due to the dealer and the volume of trucks (f-150's) they sale regularly.
I ordered originally when they first opened up ordering (end of July?), sales guy quit I found out when I was in getting oil change and thought I would inquire. Got with another salesman, order was still there, dropped the orange accents and put deposit down on 8/12.
I was assigned VIN a few weeks ago. Now the tentative build date keeps flopping around in November weekly.
Im in TX and the dealer I ordered from pushes a lot of trucks primarily, they same dealer is also located in other markets such as Houston, again trucks are primarily the sales winner so that likely has something to do with it but what do I really know about how Ford functions?!

Jhillen50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in Michigan, about 15 minutes from the factory where their built. And I ordered from a large dealer who move a lot of vehicles. I was told by my salesman that I was the #2 order behind their stock order. I guess I was just hoping for a VIN sooner.

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in Michigan, about 15 minutes from the factory where their built. And I ordered from a large dealer who move a lot of vehicles. I was told by my salesman that I was the #2 order behind their stock order. I guess I was just hoping for a VIN sooner.

Hang in there, it will happen soon enough...just gives you more time to prepare for the truck either in payments or after-market things to buy. That is the best bill of goods I can sell myself anyway until something changes and I'm only one tiny step ahead of you at this point.

Jhillen50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well thanks for the positive words man lol. Good luck to you, hopefully you get yours ahead of schedule!

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Feel your pain, clearly the Midwest is getting the shaft to truck dominated regions. I'd be curious to hear of any IL, IN, MI, WI, IA, MN dealers that have pulled #2.

Cobber

Reaction score
I think the Pacific Northwest is even worse off. I'm 7th of 7 allocations. Put my order in mid August. So far only their first allocation has a build date and he hadn't heard of any others in the area being picked up yet either. At this rate I'm not gonna see my truck till next year. At least my dealer gave me MSRP and didn't try and haggle or anything.