Got my VIN and delivery date today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer had 5 allocations and won 1 more at a Ford meeting. The bonus allocation (#1) was scheduled for an October build. My #2 order was Aug 11 with no scheduled build date yet. My dealer says it'll be a stretch if I get delivered in December, likely January now. Bummer.

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, sorry. I seriously am not betting on the current info yet, way too soon for something to change being nothing has started or delivered for that matter.

Honestly, the GM told me the same at ordering..."probably Nov, Dec and possibly Jan..."

20174x4

Reaction score
Ford service initially quoted me 10/3 then pushed to 10/5.

Dealership today tells me 11/21.

Checked back with Ford service on Facebook and get reply "it's currently in production."

Don't know what to believe. It's order code 01 now. Used to be 10 initially.

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Checked back with Ford service on Facebook and get reply "it's currently in production."

I would believe Ford Service....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim750

Reaction score

If this is true to have to be one of the first Retail Raptors built...Lucky you! Let us know if it changes to a 'produced' status in a day or two.

raptorcat

Reaction score
Mac Im sure, where I ordered too. Same color and setup, supposedly building 11/7 ordered 8/12.

Congrats

Yeah, that's right, it's Mac Haik. I believe they are the only dealer in Georgetown, TX. Worked out great for me as I'm only about 5 minutes away. Congratulations on your raptor too. I suspect our trucks will be delivered at about the same time....hopefully before Christmas.

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I could see one of three things going on.
1) The dealer is giving you ETA and not production date
2) They're looking up the wrong vin / order (either of them)
3) Shady dealer practices?

I would imagine that ford service and the dealer are accessing the same system so there is definitely something strange going on. Ask the dealer why the difference as Ford Service will have no idea.

20174x4

Reaction score
I could see one of three things going on.
1) The dealer is giving you ETA and not production date
2) They're looking up the wrong vin / order (either of them)
3) Shady dealer practices?

I would imagine that ford service and the dealer are accessing the same system so there is definitely something strange going on. Ask the dealer why the difference as Ford Service will have no idea.

Thanks for the help. The dealer has sent me a screenshot of their system showing the correct VIN and correct name. Build Week is November on that page.

Last month when I got my VIN from them it had Oct on the printout (long printout, less detail and all of their vehicles).

Hard to imagine it got bumped from Oct 3 to 5, then suddenly all the way to Nov 21.

akaie15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm new to the forum but I've been lurking for several days.

I ordered mine in late July. Avalanche gray, screw, 802a, tech package, wheel upgrade, no graphics...

On sept 13 I heard from my dealer that I was assigned a vin and gave a time frame for the build (late oct- early nov). I was warned that these dates change though. Ford social said that it's scheduled to be built the week of Oct 17.

Of note, I live outside of Detroit so I see prototypes around town. In late June I talked to an Exec who had one--- he said not to expect job 1 until nov / dec... (see pics below)

My cynicism makes me think that these October build weeks will move back so I'll be interested to here from those with earlier build weeks to let us know when their status changes to "in production".

Attachments

• IMG_8295.jpg
    IMG_8295.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_8296.jpg
    IMG_8296.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 90