Dealership BLACKLIST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really don't think of it as shaming and I doubt anyone here is against the flow of capitalism and commerce and the American value of "making an honest buck". The old adage of "time is money" applies here and folks looking to avoid wasting effort on places that are asking for more than even the manufacturer recommends charging its customers should not be disparaged from flexing both their right of free speech and the right of the power of their individual capital. If the market will bear the cost of the ADM that these dealers are asking, then so be it and more power to them (both buyers and sellers). If educated consumers are searching for the best deal for their hard earned income and they are looking to spend it on American products sold by fellow Americans, there is no problem with making a list of those dealers that choose to set prices that are higher than some educated consumers are willing to spend. The market adjusts in both directions. Personally I refuse to spend more than MSRP on principal as MSRP gives dealers and manufacturer a healthy profit. If my stance on principal precludes me from purchasing a product that I believe is being priced to high, that is just life. There is generally no law against asking for any price on "non-necessity" consumer products and there is no law against saying that "no way in hell will I pay an ADM and here are the folks that are looking to charge an ADM". Educated buyers AND sellers can benefit from resources like this list.

Some valid points but if we're going to go down the road of "time is money", isn't this thread a little more useful? http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260/raptor-dealers-selling-near-invoice-gen-2-a-49138/

OP created a thread out of frustration, which i understand, but at the end of the day it's just a let's share our "butthurt" thread.

Taking one guys experience at a dealership as gospel and assuming that's how this dealer operates with everyone across the board seems a little naive to me. Too many variables involved...

Armyturtle... I can honestly guaranty that dealerships could care less about being on your "blacklist", but whatever helps you sleep better at night. :waytogo:

OP
OP
A

armyturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some valid points but if we're going to go down the road of "time is money", isn't this thread a little more useful? http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260/raptor-dealers-selling-near-invoice-gen-2-a-49138/

guaranty

Not how you spell guarantee, but ok, still works. I don't see how you personally can guarantee they're not bothered by it. I've got the statistics of visits from internal ford web domains on that original link I posted, and I'd say based on how many hits come directly from those internal ford domains it's likely due to some unhappy people. :p

Either way, don't care. Butthurt stories? Maybe. But there sure are a lot of people who at least feel a bit better about getting their experience heard and put down out there. It shifts some power back into the buyer's favor (even if only so slightly).

:flipthebird::flipthebird: **** THOSE DEALERS I DON'T GIVE A SHIT IF IT'S NOT THE TYPICAL EXPERIENCE THERE - IT WAS "AN" EXPERIENCE AND IT'S STILL VALID. :flipthebird::flipthebird:

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not how you spell guarantee, but ok, still works. I don't see how you personally can guarantee they're not bothered by it. I've got the statistics of visits from internal ford web domains on that original link I posted, and I'd say based on how many hits come directly from those internal ford domains it's likely due to some unhappy people. :p

Either way, don't care. Butthurt stories? Maybe. But there sure are a lot of people who at least feel a bit better about getting their experience heard and put down out there. It shifts some power back into the buyer's favor (even if only so slightly).

:flipthebird::flipthebird: **** THOSE DEALERS I DON'T GIVE A SHIT IF IT'S NOT THE TYPICAL EXPERIENCE THERE - IT WAS "AN" EXPERIENCE AND IT'S STILL VALID. :flipthebird::flipthebird:

Ahh man, you sure got me with the spellig mistake, even though it wasn't one, so whatever... You sir deserv an Internet trophy for the day.

How can I guarantei dealers could care less you ask?? They'll sell each and every raptor from their early allocation for whatever amount they deem acceptable, regardless of your blacklist.

i think it's hilarious how emotional you are about this. Go get em' big guy!

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

armyturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh man, you sure got me with the spellig mistake, even though it wasn't one, so whatever... You sir deserv an Internet trophy for the day.

How can I guarantei dealers could care less you ask?? They'll sell each and every raptor from their early allocation for whatever amount they deem acceptable, regardless of your blacklist.

i think it's hilarious how emotional you are about this. Go get em' big guy!

I'm not emotional. I can certainly give a nice "**** You" without being deeply involved in it, even with CAPS :) Also, sure, they may sell all of their raptor allocations for well over MSRP, but last I knew dealers need to sell other vehicles after. The ones that DO fire me up though - the ones that have led people on to think they had a submitted order and then ****** them over by telling them the price had changed. Ford requires them to take a copy of your license so they can verify the order is valid and for an ACTUAL customer, and not so they just order a bunch of extra raptors to have on hand. Telling a customer who's placed an order that the price has changed or they won't be getting one would seem to completely violate this internal policy.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The ones that DO fire me up though - the ones that have led people on to think they had a submitted order and then ****** them over by telling them the price had changed. Ford requires them to take a copy of your license so they can verify the order is valid and for an ACTUAL customer, and not so they just order a bunch of extra raptors to have on hand. Telling a customer who's placed an order that the price has changed or they won't be getting one would seem to completely violate this internal policy.

Now that I entirely agree with but not so much the overly emotional part. :mwah1:

FFCars

Reaction score
Hardy Family Ford, Dallas, GA. Visited them last weekend and they didn't have a clue what options, colors, etc. I showed them the order guide. I told them what I wanted to order and wanted to know how much off MSRP they could offer.

Sales manager said he sold 1 for $7,500 over sticker, but he'll sell me one for $5,000 over MSRP. I didn't say a word, just started walking out the door and then he said, I can do $2,500 over..... That's all I heard. Bye bye

Red-23

Reaction score

OP created a thread out of frustration, which i understand, but at the end of the day it's just a let's share our "butthurt" thread.

Taking one guys experience at a dealership as gospel and assuming that's how this dealer operates with everyone across the board seems a little naive to me. Too many variables involved...

Armyturtle... I can honestly guaranty that dealerships could care less about being on your "blacklist", but whatever helps you sleep better at night. :waytogo:
I agree that the other list is also helpful. I am using that list to figure out where to even try to send my business. I do not fault certain capitalists from attempting to get as much money as possible from those willing and anxious to spend it. I am not looking to make anybody cry and I am not about to cry about something as silly as who will spend money and how much. I am not an aggressive bargain hunter and I am not a sucker. I think there is a middle path to be found in most things and I sure as heck am not gonna spend over MSRP on a truck. In the larger scale of things in life it is not a big deal but this is the forum for the Raptor and I am looking to get one at some point in the next 8 months.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree that the other list is also helpful. I am using that list to figure out where to even try to send my business. I do not fault certain capitalists from attempting to get as much money as possible from those willing and anxious to spend it. I am not looking to make anybody cry and I am not about to cry about something as silly as who will spend money and how much. I am not an aggressive bargain hunter and I am not a sucker. I think there is a middle path to be found in most things and I sure as heck am not gonna spend over MSRP on a truck. In the larger scale of things in life it is not a big deal but this is the forum for the Raptor and I am looking to get one at some point in the next 8 months.

Logical approach. Best of luck in your search. I personally feel that once the dust settles with these initial limited allocations and production moves into full swing, there will be plenty of deals to be had. For now, it's more of a highest bidder mentality and I can identify with the dealers standpoint of wanting to take advantage of the current market conditions.

Red-23

Reaction score
Logical approach. Best of luck in your search. I personally feel that once the dust settles with these initial limited allocations and production moves into full swing, there will be plenty of deals to be had. For now, it's more of a highest bidder mentality and I can identify with the dealers standpoint of wanting to take advantage of the current market conditions.

I can see and understand both sides to a degree. The one part where I start to get a little uneasy is the phrase "take advantage of"... I know you used "the current market" as your qualifier but that also equates to "consumers and customers". When a seller "takes advantage of" their customers, things get a bit "assholey" (yeah, that's a word) :biggrin: I'm looking forward to seeing how it all pans out in the end though.