Dealership BLACKLIST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe make it a general spreadsheet with two tabs - blacklist / whitelist ??

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
add Holman Ford of Marlton New Jersey to the crappy dealership list; did not even put order in as of today Sept 8 but were sure to cash my deposit check. sales guy says its due to allocation and I am on the list still

OP
OP
A

armyturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You gotta put it in yourself. Click the link, type in the info. Auto saved.

Red-23

Reaction score
^^ What's shady about a dealer capitalizing on market demand? Wouldn't that be bad business if they didn't? Guy who started this list must be a Bernie supporter... Free raptors for everyone. Get real.

Sure, it'd be great for dealers to sell at a max of MSRP but generalizing them as "shady" because they want more than you're willing to pay is a little overkill. Some of these dealers, not mentioning any names have done quite right by many forum members on a lot of different levels. But by all means carry on with your dealer shaming. Feel the bern?

I really don't think of it as shaming and I doubt anyone here is against the flow of capitalism and commerce and the American value of "making an honest buck". The old adage of "time is money" applies here and folks looking to avoid wasting effort on places that are asking for more than even the manufacturer recommends charging its customers should not be disparaged from flexing both their right of free speech and the right of the power of their individual capital. If the market will bear the cost of the ADM that these dealers are asking, then so be it and more power to them (both buyers and sellers). If educated consumers are searching for the best deal for their hard earned income and they are looking to spend it on American products sold by fellow Americans, there is no problem with making a list of those dealers that choose to set prices that are higher than some educated consumers are willing to spend. The market adjusts in both directions. Personally I refuse to spend more than MSRP on principal as MSRP gives dealers and manufacturer a healthy profit. If my stance on principal precludes me from purchasing a product that I believe is being priced to high, that is just life. There is generally no law against asking for any price on "non-necessity" consumer products and there is no law against saying that "no way in hell will I pay an ADM and here are the folks that are looking to charge an ADM". Educated buyers AND sellers can benefit from resources like this list.

OP
OP
A

armyturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^ this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Also, interesting post for your 3rd one. Possible dealer who came on to whine about their name being on it? Butthurt that it's locked and it can't be removed? Boo Hoo.

Red-23

Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^ this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Also, interesting post for your 3rd one. Possible dealer who came on to whine about their name being on it? Butthurt that it's locked and it can't be removed? Boo Hoo.

I am DEFINITLY not a dealer. I actually put a dealer on the list for the ADM they were asking. I am just a guy looking to get a raptor at or below MSRP at some point between now and next summer.

raptorwarrior

Reaction score
There are two major dealers in my state first dealer I went to charged $10,000 over invoice. Second dealer charged MSRP.

Last edited:

t2w

Reaction score
hello all, first time posting.

added to the list. ordered 2 weeks ago with agreement at "retail" price, order accepted into Ford's system, then told yesterday "you know these are very rare and limited and are going to be selling over MSRP right? The truck you spec'd is very nice and we'll have no problem selling it to someone else over MSRP if you don't want it."

Bait, switch. Dealer scum.

OP
OP
A

armyturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The blacklist? Are you asking is it still a thing? Despite what you may feel about it, there's no mistake that quite a lot of pissed off people are using it. Say what you will about capitalism. That's fine, but as others have pointed out there's absolutely nothing wrong or shameful about keeping a list of who not to waste your time with. Especially when some of them have down right misled people. Two posts prior to this. A dealer takes someone's deposit, claims to have an order in for them, then switches everything on them and suddenly tells them they can pay more or they'll sell the same ordered truck to someone else?

That's ******* awful and that shit bag dealer and salesperson deserves more than their name on a list. They deserve to be harassed. Honestly - could you imagine YOUR DEALER suddenly pulling that shit on YOUR order??? I guarn-*******-tee you'd be singing a completely different tune.