Dealership BLACKLIST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
Oh ... Forgot to add the dealers I've talked to over the past few weeks.

Buckeye in Arizona went from 1% over invoice ... To MSRP ... To $5K over MSRP now.

Akins Ford in Georgia wants $10k over MSRP and they have a waitlist of 9 supposedly (as of a couple weeks ago)

I have more, just need to find my notes.

Yeah, that Jones Ford joint in Buckeye flip flopped more than a fish out of water. So stupid.

mberger111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Broadway Ford in Idaho Falls, Idaho. Wow worst experience I've ever had with a dealer. They ran my credit before we even talked about a deal after wasting 3 hours of my time. That's a big deal since I'm closing on a home soon. Finally they come back and say it's $4,000 more than we talked about. Bait and Switch, dishonest, and just plain rude. Please never deal with them. Woody Smith Ford in Rexburg, ID is pretty good though. Looks like I'll be $1,000 under MSRP at least. I don't even mind so much the dealers marking them up as long as they're honest and straight forward. Now, no one should pay over MSRP so they stop marking them up.

acg90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They ran my credit before we even talked about a deal after wasting 3 hours of my time. That's a big deal since I'm closing on a home soon.

That sucks but first off don't ever give out your social unless you're ready to have your credit pulled or apply to some type of financing.

Second, there is absolutely no reason for a dealer to pull your credit before you purchase anything from them. I've heard the whole "oh we'll need to pull your credit before you can test drive it" thats BS and you should look elsewhere.

My Credit Karma account (which is free) shows my Trans union and Equifax scores. If they pull your credit they'll get your Trans union, Equifax, and Experian scores plus if your delinquent on anything. If they insist on seeing your Credit Score just show them your Credit Karma. If all that fails, you should go somewhere else because they're probably also trying to screw you in a way you don't even know yet.

mberger111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks but first off don't ever give out your social unless you're ready to have your credit pulled or apply to some type of financing.

Second, there is absolutely no reason for a dealer to pull your credit before you purchase anything from them. I've heard the whole "oh we'll need to pull your credit before you can test drive it" thats BS and you should look elsewhere.

My Credit Karma account (which is free) shows my Trans union and Equifax scores. If they pull your credit they'll get your Trans union, Equifax, and Experian scores plus if your delinquent on anything. If they insist on seeing your Credit Score just show them your Credit Karma. If all that fails, you should go somewhere else because they're probably also trying to screw you in a way you don't even know yet.

I had purchased there in the past. They had all my info. I would have been fine with it except that they came back $4,000 more than we talked about on the phone. They've gone down hill. I'm very aware of credit karma and the way scores work, but thank you for the info.

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Funniest comment I've seen on this forum to date.

How so? I believe in free markets. They have every right to charge whatever they want. And obviously I have the right to say no. It's the shady crap in between that ****** me off.

DROPOUT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assuming they did a hard pull on your credit and not a soft pull, I'd contact each Credit Reporting Agency and dispute it saying you did not give permission.

An easy way to make sure this doesn't happen in the future ~ Freeze your reports until you actually need to use them. Lift the freeze for a few days, do what you need to do, then refreeze them. In some states, its free. Here in Tennessee, I paid $10 per, and I never have to worry about fraud or someone pulling my credit that shouldn't be :) Definitely look in to it!

mberger111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assuming they did a hard pull on your credit and not a soft pull, I'd contact each Credit Reporting Agency and dispute it saying you did not give permission.

An easy way to make sure this doesn't happen in the future ~ Freeze your reports until you actually need to use them. Lift the freeze for a few days, do what you need to do, then refreeze them. In some states, its free. Here in Tennessee, I paid $10 per, and I never have to worry about fraud or someone pulling my credit that shouldn't be :) Definitely look in to it!

That is actually really helpful I wasn't aware that you could freeze your credit report. I was able to get them to send a letter to the reporting bureaus so hopefully that helps. Just annoying. With so many dealers, no reason to spend money with those ones.

Sford150

Reaction score
Just saying profit for the dealership is worked in to the MSRP of the truck. So a dealership literally doesn't need to go over. It's just their way of trying to pry more money out of your hands. If nobody paid over MSRP dealerships would have no choice but to sell at MSRP. But that won't ever happen lol

mberger111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Profit is also worked into invoice pricing. Point is its a free market. Unless your comrades with Bernie or something?

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Just saying profit for the dealership is worked in to the MSRP of the truck. So a dealership literally doesn't need to go over. It's just their way of trying to pry more money out of your hands. If nobody paid over MSRP dealerships would have no choice but to sell at MSRP. But that won't ever happen lol

You pretty much made my point. If no one pays over invoice, the Raptor would be at invoice. But free markets don't usually work quite that way. I don't like the mark ups which is why i refuse to pay it (got $1000 under msrp at least) but I respect their right to ask it, as long as they respect my rights to say no.