Dealership BLACKLIST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just remember, these things are gonna need service. Do the websites have an email box for the service department so you can figure out if they have competent servicemen that understand the Raptor and all of it's intricacies? Ford GM relationships go much further than just the sale. My Ford GM has bailed me out of a lot of sticky situations with my fleet vehicles. Also offered me free oil changes for a year when I bought the Raptor. Always calls to check in to see if things are going ok and what I might be looking for in the future.

The sale is just the first date in a very long relationship you might have with a particular dealership.....

acg90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad its working out for you. If I may ask, what part of the country are you in?

I'm in the Northern Virginia area.

Just remember, these things are gonna need service. Do the websites have an email box for the service department so you can figure out if they have competent servicemen that understand the Raptor and all of it's intricacies? Ford GM relationships go much further than just the sale. My Ford GM has bailed me out of a lot of sticky situations with my fleet vehicles. Also offered me free oil changes for a year when I bought the Raptor. Always calls to check in to see if things are going ok and what I might be looking for in the future.

The sale is just the first date in a very long relationship you might have with a particular dealership.....

Yeah that's true, I won't be getting free oil changes for a year but i'm not too worried about services at this time since any warranty/service issues isn't restricted to just the purchasing dealer.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
This is so childish. Somethings worth what someone is willing to pay. There are people agreeing to ADM. They would have to sell 3 Raptors for every 1 at $15,000 markup. They honestly don't know if they will get more than one or two. That's not their fault.

If there weren't people out there beating down dealer doors before Ford has released info to the dealers through their reps, these dealers wouldn't even know the Raptors are a hot item. Calling dealers on the phone and/or emailing asking what their price for a limited production vehicle is the worst negotiating technique ever. It's not out yet. You calling is showing them that you want to be the first. Especially if you're just dealing with random sales people. You're going to pay for that, most of the time. The only reason is because there is always a handful of people that will gladly pay $15,000-20,000 over to be the first of the first. Sorry.

Just because a dealer salesman quotes you over sticker doesn't mean someone else with a better relationship can't go in there and get a price better than what you were quoted.

Unfortunately, for a car like this it's best to have a personal relationship with a dealer. Just calling and saying you are wanting to buy one car and they are supposed to sell that for $15,000 less than market value doesn't make them want to sell it to you. You have nothing to offer them. They will sell every truck they get.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm in the Northern Virginia area.

Yeah that's true, I won't be getting free oil changes for a year but i'm not too worried about services at this time since any warranty/service issues isn't restricted to just the purchasing dealer.

Look through some of the threads in this forum. Let's be clear, I'm discounting what you are saying. I am telling you that you are going to want to find a dealership with competent service people that understand these trucks. They are not your typical F150. Sure they share some of the common parts that a standard F150 has, but the real issues surface when you have problems with brakes, suspension, electronics, etc that are unique to the Raptor.

Just trying to help you and other new Raptor owners out. Common warranty issues sometimes are a little more in-depth when dealing with these vehicles and you will want to have someone who knows a little about them fixing them to avoid the inevitable "learning curve". You could be spending WEEKS in some ****** loaner vehicle because of it......

acg90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look through some of the threads in this forum. Let's be clear, I'm discounting what you are saying. I am telling you that you are going to want to find a dealership with competent service people that understand these trucks. They are not your typical F150. Sure they share some of the common parts that a standard F150 has, but the real issues surface when you have problems with brakes, suspension, electronics, etc that are unique to the Raptor.

Just trying to help you and other new Raptor owners out. Common warranty issues sometimes are a little more in-depth when dealing with these vehicles and you will want to have someone who knows a little about them fixing them to avoid the inevitable "learning curve". You could be spending WEEKS in some ****** loaner vehicle because of it......

Yeah it would be nice to be able to buy the truck from a local dealer with a great Raptor service department at the price I want to pay but that's not going to happen. I've got 6+ months to do my research and figure out where the best place to take it in will be.

Go~Rilla

Reaction score
My dealership still is saying their rep is telling them it will definitely be a limited production model. Would the rep really not know what they are talking about? OR is the rep also conspiring to make me pay over invoice?

I trust the dealer, they are a small town dealer that I have a lot of personal connections with, so they won't screw me.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My dealership still is saying their rep is telling them it will definitely be a limited production model. Would the rep really not know what they are talking about? OR is the rep also conspiring to make me pay over invoice?

I trust the dealer, they are a small town dealer that I have a lot of personal connections with, so they won't screw me.

Remember everyone youre talking to is in the business to make money.

MostSecretAgentMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have dealers telling me this too and it's frustrating. They are talking to me like 2 allocations are all they will ever get for 2017 model and thus want markups because of this. I can't convince one dealer in my area to take an order because they want to wait to know how many allocations they will have first so they know how much to upcharge.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have dealers telling me this too and it's frustrating. They are talking to me like 2 allocations are all they will ever get for 2017 model and thus want markups because of this. I can't convince one dealer in my area to take an order because they want to wait to know how many allocations they will have first so they know how much to upcharge.

I wouldn't just run from this dealer, I would charter a jet and fly away as fast as possible. What a terrible business decision those guys are making. As it has been mentioned many times already, everyone that wants one will get one. It might take longer at a smaller dealer, but they are not limited production trucks anymore. It amazes me that it seems the dealers, who work with Ford everyday, know less than most of us on this forum. I'm sure it's just as frustrating for them as well. A well-trained sales staff is a necessity in today's world. Ford really dropped the marketing ball on this one......

FordFanStan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So much blame is being put on FoMoCo, when in reality nobody here has insight to what Dealers are or are not being communicated. Let's be honest, America is lazy (just look at how many pointless Gen 2 threads are started because nobody here wants to search for info). We know more than the dealers do (if we do) because we are enthusiasts searching for info high and low. They are sitting back on their asses waiting for info to be delivered to them. Moreover, you know a dealer sales rep is lying as soon as they open their mouth. It amazes me how many suckers are born every minute.

Even if there was a reason to avoid a dealer, if and when anyone wants to order, you want to start with a dealership whitelist. Who you do want to contact. You don't search for who not to contact and then start your search trying to avoid the blacklisted.