Dealership BLACKLIST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Yes so same boat, I am thinking Vegas so i can at least have some fun!

I will post if a find a dealer, Good Luck

Team Ford in Vegas has given me the best price out of the 4 dealers here so far. They just want MSRP. I'm going to the dealer tomorrow, so I'll update if I can get any better than that.

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's pretty standard in terms of deposit. Most guys are paying $1000. MSRP is good for the first ones. You'll be hard pressed to find anything more than $2000 off MSRP, even after they start production

bstoner59 is right, i have been to so many dealers in Cali and all of them want 5 to 20k over MSRP!

Reaction score
bstoner59 is right, i have been to so many dealers in Cali and all of them want 5 to 20k over MSRP!

Thinking I might just pull the trigger. They are supposed to get back with me on what they'll give me on my current raptor to trade it in. I went in saying I wanted 37k for it and sales guy said they'd easily put it on the lot for 40k. I only paid 42k for it when I bought it and owe nothing!

If they give me 37, I'll be ordering Monday! Heck, even if they give me 35, I'll take the deal!

OP
OP
A

armyturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW - let there be NO DOUBT, these dealerships ARE indeed reading these posts and watching these comments. The above link was set up using a goo.gl shortened address, which has trackable statistics and several of the click-throughs have come from users affiliated with ford dealerships. some specifically came from www.forddirectcrm.com, a ford internal dealership website.

They definitely are concerned about having their dealership listed online as being shady about their ridiculous requests over MSRP.

If you got a dealer who quoted you anything over MSRP or is playing games, go there and add them.

https://goo.gl/o6f0vK

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^ What's shady about a dealer capitalizing on market demand? Wouldn't that be bad business if they didn't? Guy who started this list must be a Bernie supporter... Free raptors for everyone. Get real.

Sure, it'd be great for dealers to sell at a max of MSRP but generalizing them as "shady" because they want more than you're willing to pay is a little overkill. Some of these dealers, not mentioning any names have done quite right by many forum members on a lot of different levels. But by all means carry on with your dealer shaming. Feel the bern?

Last edited:

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
^^ What's shady about a dealer capitalizing on market demand? Wouldn't that be bad business if they didn't? Guy who started this list must be a Bernie supporter... Free raptors for everyone. Get real.

Sure, it'd be great for dealers to sell at a max of MSRP but generalizing them as "shady" because they want more than you're willing to pay is a little overkill. Some of these dealers, not mentioning any names have done quite right by many forum members on a lot of different levels. But by all means carry on with your dealer shaming. Feel the bern?

I'm somewhere in the middle on the dealership issue, but I'm Republican. So you make me feel confused.

Joking aside, if a dealer wants to charge 5-20K over MSRP, personally, I think that's ****** up because it completely rules out a certain type of customer in that given area. And I think the type of customer they're ruling out, is the type of customer this truck was built for. And I may be totally against it, if there wasn't 200 other Ford dealers will to sell at MSRP and lower. I like the idea of the dealer blacklist. I think it takes some of the leg work out of the search for someone trying to find a Raptor at a real, affordable price. It's not illegal to charge more than MSRP, it just means you won't be getting my business or referral and I'll move on along.

I'm in the military, I can only afford the Raptor if I'm not getting *****, I mean charged over MSRP, so for me, it's important to find a good deal. But many people, their financial situation is different. And that's why dealers charge over MSRP. Hoping to hook the big fish. So again, this might just have to be one of those things like, don't like what you see? Move on to the next guy until you get what you want. There's not a shortage of dealerships willing to work with you. But to sum it up, I do like the dealer blacklist, and contributed. But I felt no bern.

comagt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not a whitelist instead of a blacklist? Looks like wyostorm started it. Why is everyone wanting to be negative all the time? :ROFLJest:

Also, the dealers can charge whatever they want, it drive the right business to the right places. You don't have to do business with them.